Best Electric Fireplace Reviews With Comparison
Probably you are bored with the traditional wood burning brick fireplace, which requires regular attention, maintenance and servicing. Things are changed nowadays. These fireplaces come in all sizes and shapes and are growing popularity day by day.
This is the longest guide you will ever read about selecting the best electric fireplaces. I have gone through a lot in this guide to answer every conceivable question about this product.
Best Electric Fireplaces Compared
I got the best and worst feedback about each product I review. So without spending much time on intro, let’s jump to the list we made after testing and interviewed on more 70+ products.
Quick Tips To Choose Best Electric Fireplace
It may be the best investment that you could ever make. But with so many choices in the market. The buying process can be overwhelming and confusing. You may end up buying the wrong product that is shitty and less durable. These quick tips will ease the buying process.
I have reviewed complete units in this article, if you need the electric insert only, you may check another great reviews of electric fireplaces published in our site.
Where to place it
You need to know where you would keep the fireplace with tv stand. There are two different types, the corner and flat wall fireplace TV stand.
So the question is Do you need to place it in the corner or you want something that is flat.
You have to know your budget. How much are you going to spend on an electric fireplace? There are some fireplaces that are highly priced. But have weak features and designs.
The thing to look for when shopping for a highly expensive product is the features and the design it has.
How much space do you have in your room? If you live in a small room, you will need a small unit. Some units will take more space and they are perfect for large rooms.
It is not about your Tv sitting on the stand and you enjoying the flickering flames? It is about comfort and more luxury that comes in the way. For the ultimate experience, consider some added features that come with it. Such as the remote control, the thermostat, safety features, cabinet, shelves, LED lights. The list is endless.
What keep people away from buying this fireplace is the energy bills. Bottom line: You want an electric fireplace that saves your utility bills throughout the year.
Best Electric Fireplace Reviews
1. Touchstone 80001 Onyx – Wall Mount Electric Fireplace
The Touchstone 80001 Onyx adds a nice ambiance and warms your room to the required temperature. Once it is in your house, it will be the center of beauty and glamour. It will leave your kids and pets mesmerized the whole evening.
- The touchstone features a wall mount, a drywall and wood screws.
- The black touchstone fireplace will blend with your decor, thereby adding a touch of elegance and modernity to your living space.
- Two heat options enable you to control the amount of heat you want to warm the room.
- Easy installation. When you buy this fireplace you get a step by step manual that tells you how to unpack it and install the whole unit.
What I Love About It
- Heater: Its heater gives kicks on lots amount of heat that will warm your room.
- Auto shut off timer: It makes it easy for you to control the time you want the heater and flame to go on before it shuts off by itself.
- Heat and flame independently: They work separately. You can have heat and flame, or flame only.
- Safety: Its LED bulbs and glass is to cool touch, that means your kids and pets are safe.
Its vent sends the heat upwards. It should be sideways.
2. Altra Furniture Carson 70 Inch – Electric Fireplace TV StandNo products found.
No products found.
Are you always amazed with flickering LED lights display? Then you will enjoy the Altra furniture Carson fireplace TV console.
It gives off nice ambience with or without heat. It is an all-round year fireplace that you can use.
And so before you forget, it uses less energy in your home. The 2-toned cherry, black finish gives you a TV stand a contemporary modern style that will compliment your decors. One more thing. When you get the product, don’t assemble it on your hardwood floor, instead put a towel or blanket underneath.
- Can accommodate all types of TV panel. To be specific it can support a TV that weighs around 135 pounds.
- Comes with LED lights with 50,000 hours of light.
- Features 2 large cabinets and open shelving that you can use to organize your gaming consoles, TV, books and magazines.
- With it you will enjoy the ambience of flame with or without heat.
What I Love About It
- Height of the stand: The stand is 21 inches tall and 48 inches wide that will add a nice look to your living room. If you have a toddler that is aggressive, they won’t be able to reach the TV.
- Protective packaging: The whole item come in one box. That is well-packaged with Styrofoam and corner braces. So that you don’t get any damages during shipping.
- Solid construction: It’s well-constructed and durable. That means you won’t have trouble with your investment.
It is more time consuming to put the whole unit together. The audio stand weighs around 98 pounds that means you will need two people to put the whole unit together.
To me, this is one of the best electric fireplace TV stands in the current market.
3. Touchstone 8004 Sideline – Built In Recessed Electric Fireplace
Want to give your house a contemporary nice look? Probably, you are looking for the best wall mount electric fireplace. Get yourself of the Touchstone 80004 fireplace. It features a 50 inch wide glass panel and takes on 1500 watts of electricity. Which is warm enough to keep everybody in a 400 square foot room warm. Comes with an array of features that gives you easy time to operate.
Dual heat modes
It comes with two heating modes, making it easier for you to operate the unit with or without heat in any season of the year.
Faux fire log and glass crystal included
Looking at the faux fire log, you get a feeling of genuine fireplace. That authentic look is something that will amaze everyone that visits your home.
5 Flame Settings
The flame options give you the power to choose the ambiance and serenity you want your evening to have. You can opt for a soft amber glow to a strong blaze of dancing flame without being hot.
There are two ways you can install it. You can mount it or recess it onto the wall. It takes time to do all this, but it is one time.
What I Love About It
The faux fire log gives your home a crisp, relaxing vibes that will transform your evenings into something cozy and warm.
I wish the flame were brighter.
4. Duraflame DFS-550-21-BLK Maxwell – Electric Fireplace Stove with Heater
The Duraflame electric stove gives you the freedom and luxury of having a portable unit that you can move it to any side of the room.
Without going through the tedious act of installing a free standing fireplace. This electric stove has an instant ambiance with its beautiful antique design and flickering flames.
- Produces 4,600 BTU of heat that is enough to warm a 400 square foot room.
- Features realistic flame effects and glowing embers and logs.
- Automatic shut off that ensures the heater shuts off when the required temperature is reached.
- Safe to touch. The glass front of the whole unit is cool, that means your kids or pet will never get burned when they touch it.
What I Love About It
- Two control knobs: One knob controls the brightness of the flickering flames. The other knob controls the temperature setting-low and high.?
- Thermostat: The thermostat shuts off automatically the heater when the desired temperature is reached.
- Portable unit: Since it is easy to move around, all you need is put it in the room that you want.
It doesn’t come with a remote control; every button is on the unit. Its heater is on the bottom while the blower produces some noises.
5. BCP SKY1826 Embedded With Glass and Remote – Electric Fireplace Insert
If you are looking for a way to accentuate your living space with a modern look and best electric fireplace insert, then look no further. BCP SKY 1826 insert heats perfectly, therefore, producing realistic flames that are soothing to the eye.
Bottom line: This is the kind of fireplace that is designed to take the chill out the room. In short, cold will be a thing of the past in those winter months.
- Certified by CSA
- Comes with a remote control to that make it easy to control the whole insert.
- Quick and fast installation.
- Features a grate, logs and fire
What I Love About It
- Durability: The frame and front of the insert use a high quality glass that is durable.
- Flame: It features an adjustable flame setting for the different brightness. It also has a crackling sound. You also have the options to operate the flame with or without heat.
The fan blows, but the fortunate thing is that you can hear the noise from a small distance. It is not that distracting.
6. Cartwright Convertible Media Electric Fireplace – Mission Oak
It comes with realistic flickering dancing flames and glowing embers enhanced with long life LED lights. The dark ebony finish will give a stylish look in your living space.
It will make the fireplace something to be desired and talked about by your guests. Not only will your kids love it, but your pets will enjoy sleeping around it just to get a little warmth.
- You will need to assemble the whole unit
- Comes with a safe regulating heater that turns off once the desired temperature is met.?
- Safe for kids and pets, thanks to the child safety lock and cool to touch the glass.
- Features a multi-color flame and burning logs with glowing embers.
What I Love About It
- 100% energy efficient: You will save lots of energy bills with fireplaces. It uses the same amount of energy that a regular coffee marker uses.?
- Thermostat: Its thermostat is adjustable providing you the option of using it with or without heat.
- Quick and easy installation: All you need is a screwdriver.
- Multiple temperatures: This feature will enable you to adjust it from 62 to 82 F giving you the comfort options that you crave.
- The functional remote control: The simple push of a button makes it easy for you to adjust the brightness of the flame. And also the brightness of the logs.
It does not produce either a crackling or pop sound.
7. SEI Claremont Convertible Electric Fireplace With Entertainment Center – Ivory
You will enjoy the Mahogany rich color that comes with this Claremont Convertible fireplace. It has 2 more colors: White and Cherry. The whole unit comes with 3 separate boxes, each containing different parts to be put together.
This fireplace comes the realistic looking flame with shades of yellow color.
- The firebox is 23 inches wide and 20 inches tall.
- Weighs 85 pounds and can support a 50 inch flat screen tv.
- Heat output: 1500w/5000btus, 120v-60hz. This is the same amount of energy that used by an electric coffee maker.
- Easy to control and adjustable thermostat, that safely regulates the heater.
What I Love About It
- Flame: Its flame has 5 different settings. The logs also have 5 different settings, which will make you enhance its glow.
- Remote control: It makes it easy for you adjust the flame setting, flame height and heat to the intensity that you want.
- Side shelves: You also get the side shelves that you can use to keep all your electronic devices.
The grid above the glass gets hot, which can burn a kid or your pet. But the glass front is cool to touch.
8. Moda Flame Houston 50 Inch Electric Wall Hanging Fireplace Black
You don’t just get to enjoy the glow, you get better effect with stunning views. Something that will keep your evening romantic and worthy spending. That is what happens when you buy the Moda flame. It is a great buy, but the one thing that they could have changed is the position of the blower. Though you may like the blower position but I just don’t. Everyone have their own choice.
Wall mounting hardware
You get the screws and hooks so that you never have a rough time mounting the unit onto the wall. Comes with a clear instruction for drywall installation with or without stud.
It will cost you pennies and to enjoy the flame effect. It consumes 2.5w per hour.
You have the high, low and no heat. You can conserve the power the way you want and still enjoy the heat when you feel like.
What I Love About It
It has a master on and off switch, that you can use it anytime, you remote control wears.
The position is the blower isn’t great. It is positioned on top, that means heat escapes upwards. If you have anything top close to it, you may need to buy a deflector to put between.
9. AKDY 28 Inch – Best Free Standing Electric Fireplace
- Features, flat panel glass, remote control and Black Firebox Fireplace Insert.
- Any location will be perfect for this fireplace. You can place it your bedroom, patio and living room.
- No assembling required.
- Comes with a functional remote control
What I Love About It
- LED light: They create a realistic looking flame, giving you the power to control its effect the way you want it.
- Heat output: It has 6 heating level ranging from 71 up to 99. This gives you the option to choose the desired temperature that you want. Additionally, they are enough to warm any room that you choose to put the fireplace.
- Logs: The logs work fine and are complete with the look of glowing, burning wood
The remote control. The remote is looks cheap.
10. Comfort Glow Electric Fireplace Log Set with Heater
Sitting in front of a cozy fire in the evening is something restorative and pleasurable. That is the feeling you get with cofort glow electric log set.
The comfort glow electric log set features 3 styling options that you can choose from.
Its fire flame effects features a rotating rod with shiny metal fins. The LED light it has is reflected with these shiny metal fins. Creating an excellent ambience for you in the evening. The size of this log set is 22-1/2″ long, 14″ high and 9″ deep. This perfect size for a small room that doesn’t need much heat.
- Features a remote control, glowing embers, flames and heat.
- Produces 5000 BTU of heat, enough to warm a small room.
- Energy efficient LED light is included in this set.
What I Love About It
- Thermostat: Thermostat enables you to have total control of the heat and temperature of your house. When the desired temperature is reached, the whole set shuts off.
The blower produces some noises. If there fireplace produced a crackling sound, the blower noise would be compensated.
11. Real Flame 7720E Calie Entertainment Unit with Electric Fireplace, Large, Dark Walnut
This is a beautiful fireplace with attractive embers that will leave everyone mesmerized including your pets. It throws off a nice amount of heat that will leave everyone happy and warm during the whole evening.
The firebox is available in two colors: Dark espresso and dark walnut. These two colors will compliment with your decor thereby making your interiors look royal and Victorian. If you want to receive lots of praise from your friends then all you need is this fireplace.
- Features: a mantel fit for fireplace, firebox with screen kit, remote, programmable thermostat, time function, brightness and setting.
- The items are shipped in different packages.
- Ignites 4,700 BTUs per hour and needs around 1400 watts
- Requires very little assembling. In short a no-brainer.
What I love about it
- 3 Separate Boxes: On arrival, you get two boxes containing entertainment center pieces and firebox unit. All these units will need assembling for them to fit well into your room.
- Ember effect: You will enjoy the ember effect that comes with this fireplace. The ember effects create a slow brightening and dimming effect like a real fire flame.
- Dual Side cabinets: You get ample storage spaces to keep your DVDs, nic-nacs, books and other objects.
- Handy remote control: It makes it possible for you to control the whole unit at the comfort of your couch without moving an inch. It has various setting such as flame setting, temperature setting and brightness setting.
- Well-packaged: It is wrapped in foam and other protective materials so that the item arrives without damage. The wrapping also prevents scratching.
The firebox unit is a little bit small.
12. SEI Claremont Media Console with Electric Fireplace, Brown Mahogany
The color of mahogany alone will make your room look stylish and royal. It will add a nice warm touch to your living space, dining room and bedroom.
Having this fireplace around will send a romantic ambience to your family and guest during the night.
- It features: 1 media shelf, 2 triangular side cabinet and 4 adjustable side shelves total.
- Has a temperature rate of 62 to 82 degrees. This is perfect to heat a 400 square feet area or room.
- Can accommodate a flat tv panel of up to 85 pounds.
What I love about it
- Triangular Media Cabinets: Offers you a chance to organize all your electronic equipment and devices in one place.
- Multicolored flickering flames: You will enjoy the dancing flickering flames and glowing embers that will give your interior a brick design.
- Safety features: Comes with lots of safety features which mean that your kids and pet are secured. It has automatic shuts off and self-regulating heater that turns off when the desired temperature is reached. You may consider this piece as one of the best electric fireplaces in the market.
The whole unit comes packaged with Styrofoam, which is difficult to remove. For easier cleaning, you will need to have a vacuum cleaner nearby. The pre-drilled holes that come with these units are small. You will either need a professional builder or you will need to drill holes by yourself.
How To Install The Electric Inserts
When you have bought your first electric fireplace insert, the next daunting task is installing it. If you don’t follow the right direction, then you it can result in damage.
Here is a simple guide on how to install the whole thing all together.
Follow the manual
The first place to reading the manufacturers manual. You need to have an orientation of how to put the whole thing together. Without reading the manual it can be very difficult to fix the whole thing. Especially when you are considering installing the plug-in insert or built-in insert.
In case you can’t handle the whole thing, you may need to call a profession to help you fix and install the whole unit.
Select the space
If you used to have a wood burning fireplace, the first thing may be for you to remove the ashes and soot it is clean. The hearth area needs to have the right measurements. I have seen most first buyers get an insert that is of the wrong size. Even if you have a correct unit, but the wrong fireplace insert size, you can still correct things.
You can either call the manufacturer for immediate replacement. Or you can call an expert to measure the hearth and give you the right correct unit that matches the measurement of the hearth.
Check the electrical requirements
You need to have a dedicated cord and an extension of the whole unit. The extension needs to have some good rating, not something that result damage after some few months.
Your electrical outlet needs to meet the requirement of your insert. Most insert will have an electric requirement of
All this depends on the kind of fire insert that you have bought.
Safety measures after installation
Once you have put the whole unit in the hearth, you may need to make sure that it is secure enough that it can’t result in damage. For example, when you are done with fireplace insert, you need to unplug it. You need to always check the condition of your fireplace insert from time to time.
Types of Electric Fireplace
To get the ball rolling here are the different types of electric fireplaces
The wall Hanging
This kind of fireplace doesn’t need much installation. All you need is to get the unit and plug into an electrical outlet. However, the hardest part is screwing the whole unit on the wall. You will have to drill holes to put it installed on the wall. It is usually light and easy to carry, but just to avoid breaking things. You may need a helping hand when putting on the wall.
Do you have a hearth or an existing fireplace in your house? If so, then all you need is an insert. The perfect kind of insert that you can go include: electric log inserts and electric fireboxes.
Before jumping on to getting one of these, it is vital for you to check the different functionality that each has.
Electric mantel fireplace
A mantel is a small space designed to enclose a fireplace insert. It gives you the freedom of supplementing heat to your house without the need of messing with your wall or work your way in to install an insert.
The mantel resembles a traditional fireplace and once installed, they are a nice decor to your room.
Electric fireplace stoves
Stoves have been there for long. Compare to the wood burning stoves the problem with having an electric stove is that it requires proper ventilation. It also needs lots of maintenance. If you want to have a stove, make sure that you have plenty of time to look after it. Children or pets may trip on it resulting in fire. If you are looking for a way to cut off on energy expenditure, then a stove may be the best choice for you.
The best part about this electric stove is that you won’t have to worry about installation.
Freestanding and fixed fireplace
If you live in an apartment or rent and you want to save on the cost of installation. You may consider installing a freestanding electric fireplace in your house.However, space is an issue in your house, then a fixed fireplace will work fine for your house.
Choosing the Right Size
When you have the right size of fireplace, you make a statement about your home. Most first time buyers make the mistake of ignoring the size of this fireplace.
If you have a hearth, it is common for a buyer to be excited about the fireplace, but miss to take into consideration the size of the whole thing. Fortunately, I won’t let you make that mistake. Not my watch, that is why I want to show you the things that you should pay attention the most when choosing the right sized electric fireplace.
Select the Room
You need to select the place or room that you will place the fireplace. Most people place their fireplace in the living room to make it a focal point or center of attention. When you have decided on the location, you need to make sure that it has enough space. That is why you need to…
Take its Measurement of the Room
You need to take off the perimeter of the area. Would you want the fireplace to sit on the floor? Or you plan to screw the walls so that you can mount the fireplace. Once you have the perimeter, the next thing is to multiply it by the length and width to find out the total square feet of your room. If you have got the square feet of the room, then you will need to compare to the product descriptions.
Let me surprise you, not all rooms will be perfect for an electric fireplace. That depends on the depth of the walls. Some walls have shallow depths and they may not be suited for it, especially the wall mount fireplace.
If your home has thick walls, then it has more depth to accommodate wall mount fireplace. Shallow fireplace designs are best suited if you have thin walls with lots of sufficient walls. To determine the depth of the walls you may need a contractor to measure, if you plan to have fireplace inserts.
You have heard most of the time, what is the rebate size? I believe at one time a manufacturer or contractor has asked you that question. A rebate is a space between the inside of the fireplace and the wall. All fireplaces will have rebates that measure 25mm, 35mm, 50mm or 75mm.
Operation of an Electric Fireplace
It is stressful having a wood burning fireplace, but if you can handle the maintenance cost and requirement goods for you. But most of us folk, want something that is a no-brainer to operate like an electric fireplace. It is so easy to install and operate.
How this Fireplace Gives off the Heat
For these fireplaces, you need to plug into the electric socket. After that, the metal coils heat up automatically, thereby forcing the fan to push the heat outward into your room.
Meaning of Zone and Central Heating
You have heard of those two terms. At one point I believe you have met products that have either zone or central heating. Zone heating means that this will produce heat when you want and need it. And the heat produced will heat a single room. Central heating means that these fireplaces will heat the whole room.
How Flickering Flame Works
The regular light bulbs and refracted light are responsible for producing the flickering flames. The light is refracted in no particular order and in 3-dimensional pattern, thereby giving out a beautiful realistic flame.
Some walls have shallow depths and they may not be suited for an electric fireplace, especially the wall mount electric fireplace.
You know the market size of electric fireplace is rising day by day. Is this fireplace that safe? They are, if you know how to use the appliances. If you follow the do’s and don’ts, you will have a breeze using this kind of fireplaces. The way to understand this fireplace is knowing its dangers early in advance before an accident happens. You never want to have accidents because of ignorance.
Here are the safety concerns and tips that you need to know:
- This fireplace is designed to run on a standard 120v household outlet. Well, the truth is that this appliance tends to draw lots of power. Because of that, you must not use its circuit together with other appliances. You could blow its fuse or fuse of other appliances.
- If you are going to use a large fireplace, you will need a special wiring or a dedicated circuit. And you will also need a surge protector.
- You must mount your fireplace safely so that it does not tip over and fall down. For instance, it is advisable that you mount your TV set over the discharge unit. If the heat of the bower blows at the bottom, you may not want to have inflammable substances at the bottom. For that reason, you need to put the whole unit away from the carpet, draperies and other flammable substances.
- The electric cable or cord must not be hidden under the carpet nor should it be covered with any material. You must pass the cord through an area where they are less traffic in your house.
- This type of fireplace is designed to be used for indoor purposes, never use it outside your house or expose it to any weather conditions.
- Make sure that the cord that you have is not damaged. If that happens, then you need to get a new one.
- Never touch the heating element when the fireplace is on, you might burn your hands. Keep your children from touching the hot surfaces.
- If you are not using the electric fireplace, make sure that you unplug it from the socket.
- Never use the electric heater in your bathroom or use it to dry your clothes, because you will expose the whole unit to water. Water and electricity don’t mix; it can result in accidents.
- Additionally, if you are considering installing, never put it near the bathroom or water, because it can fall and cause an accident.
- Finally, you need to have a fire extinguisher.
Advantages of An Electric Fireplace
Imagine sitting around your cozy little living room with beautiful couches and an electric fireplace ensuring that you are warm throughout the year.
Here are the benefits or advantages:
- Longevity: These are last longer than heaters and other fireplaces. They don’t succumb to problems like corrosion and rust. If the cords or extension happens to be damaged, you can just buy a new one with a couple of a few dollars.
- Low maintenance: They are easy to maintain. You don’t have to mess with smokes and soot. You don’t even have to call a professional to come inspect it every month like when you have a gas fireplace. The only maintenance that you need is replacing the bulbs after two years and dusting the glass when it has some dust.
- Energy saving: You save a lot of energy when you have an electric fireplace. For example, if you are using a gas fire pit, you will need to have like 3 propane tanks, because gas finishes fast. With this you will only heat the area that you want and heat won’t escape to other places. Thanks to the zonal heating that comes with this unit.
- Safe in your house: It is safe for your condo and apartments. With other fireplaces, you will need to have a patio or backyard so that you can use them. For instance, you will need a good large backyard for you to have a wood burning fireplace. In other states, the law restricts people of having a wood burning fireplace because of the danger involved with it.
- No fumes: If fumes and smelling smoke scare you or put you down, then brace yourself, because an electric fireplace has zero fumes. Zero smokes. All you get are realistic flames.
- Useful all year around: You can use the this all year round. The heat and flame are independent. They work separately. In the summer, when there is no cold; you can decide to use the flame without heat. And in the winter, you can use both. It will make it possible for you to set the mood of your house no matter the season. And the good news is that your energy bills will never go up.
- Easy installation: They are easy to install. All you need is to unpack the whole unit and plug it into an electric outlet. That is if you have bought an insert. Other types of electric fireplaces will need to be mounted on the wall. But they will need little installation.
Features of Electric Fireplace Insert
This insert will feature several things. Most of these features are designed to make your life comfortable for you. When buying an electric fireplace, it’s vital to check if the fireplace has at least most of this features. Not only will have, but a selected number of fireplace inserts will have.
- A multi-functioning remote control: This is a common feature. A handy remote control will give you the power to control the fireplace setting in the comfort of your couch.
- Cool to touch: If you have kids or pets at home, their safety is so important. So make sure that its glass is cool to touch.
- Thermostat: You never want the temperature of your house to go beyond. That is why a thermostat regulates the heat and shuts off when the desired temperature has arrived.
- Fan-forced and infrared heater: The best option is to go with the infrared heater. Fan-forced heater? comes with health challenges. That is why it is advisable not to use its heater most of the time. You want to use the heater only when you need it.
- 100% energy efficient: Few fireplaces are energy efficient; the majority will be either 80 or 70% energy efficient. This feature is important to make sure that it only heats up the room that you want.
- Patent LED technology: A fireplace with this feature will produce good realistic flames.
- Material: The material that is used to make this fireplace insert needs to be of high quality. Some fireplace will come with antique bronze finish. Others will come with stainless steel. It all depends on the material that you are looking for.
- CSA certification: A product having this certification shows that it has passed several tests and met various safety standards.
- Heating capacity and electrical requirement: It has various heating capacities. Some produce 50,000 BTU, others 30,000 BTU. It all depends on the size of your room and how much BTU of heat that you need.Second, the electrical requirement of the fireplace is vital. Some will require 120 volts to start doing the work. Others will need 750 watts. The more the watts, the more electricity the whole unit will use.
- Sound effects: They are two kinds of sound effects. We have the crackling and ripping sounds. Some fireplace will come with both of these features, other not.
- Flame effects: They come with different flame effects. Some will give you 5 flame effects; others will come with 30 flame effects. They will all feature different colors of your preference.
Frequently Asked Questions’s of Electric Fireplace
Question: Is this environment friendly?
Answer: Yes. It is green energy. It is environmental friendly. It gives you the option to use with or without heat.
Question: Does the glass front get hot?
Answer: No. The glass front is cool to touch, but you need to keep these away from curtains because you can never know what will cause the actual fire.
Question: What is the heat output?
Answer: This is the amount of heat that you get. A typical electric fireplace produces 5,000 BTUs or 10,000 BTUs, but this amount depends on the size of your room.
Question: Will I need to maintain this regularly?
Answer: Yes. The only maintenance that you will do is replacing the bulbs after 2 or 3 years. And maybe some simple task like cleaning or dusting.
Question: Will I have easy time installing this electric fireplace?
Answer: Yes and No. It depends on the type of choice of fireplace that you want. If you go for a wall mount electric fireplace, you will need to drill holes in your wall. While others fireplaces will need no little installation.
Question: Does it need a special wiring or the service of an electrician to install it?
Answer: All you need to do plug into a standard electrical outlet and you are good to go. In most situations, you won’t need an electrician, unless you want to create an outlet to an area that has none.
Question: How can I turn it off or on?
Answer: Two ways. If the electric fireplace comes with a remote that is all you’ve got. Second, you can turn it off or on manually. This will depend on the kind of fireplace that you will choose.
Question: What size of the room do I need?
Answer: An average electric fireplaces will heat a 400 square foot area with a heat amount of 5000 BTU. If you have a large a room that you will need a big fireplace with more heat output.
Question: What is zone heating?
Answer: Zone heating means that the heat is supplied in one area or room without escaping to other places, unlike a wood burning fireplace where some will escape through the chimney.
Question: Which brand is the best?
Answer: This is a subjective matter. You may find that Dura flame produces the free-standing fireplaces, inserts while modern flame produces the wall mounted fireplace. My advice is very simple, read the features and check what is missing in each brand.
Question: Will I need fuel to run this?
Answer: No. It will use electricity from your standard electrical outlet. It doesn’t need wood, gas or pellets to run.
It has been a long guide of bolts and nuts about choosing the best electric fireplace. Now you have more information on exactly what you need in order to have an electric fireplace that meets your need.
It is my belief that I have answered every conceivable question about electric fireplace reviews in the post. If you have any concern or need any issue to be addressed, you can leave us a comment and we will answer it immediately. We won’t keep you waiting.