Electric Radiant Floor Heating Reviews: What to Know
If you are looking to install heated floors, you need electric radiant floor heating reviews to guide you to the best in-floor heating products.
Radiant floor heating remains an efficient method of creating radiant heat within a room, but the options may seem daunting. With so many products out there, where do you begin?
There is nothing more comfortable or satisfying than waking up in the morning and placing your feet on a heated floor. The warmth that heated floor mats provide gives out a gentle radiant heat that feels amazing.
However, if you feel a bit anxious about the investment, then this electric radiant floor heating reviews bonanza will help you make an informed decision.
Electric Radiant Floor Heating Reviews
The electric radiant floor heating reviews laid out here will help guide you through the complex world of heated floors.
Most of the radiant floor heating we list may fit a variety of room sizes, so you should find the perfect radiant floor heating for your purpose.
The Heatwave 120V floor heating cable presents the perfect choice if you require the cables only, whereas the Warming Systems 20 square feet system is ideal for new builds.
The Heatizon’s Heatwave electric radiant floor heating system is a good all-rounder while the HeatTech electric radiant floor heater proves an excellent choice for those straightforward rooms.
Whatever option you go for, our directory of electric radiant floor heating reviews is sure to help you to make an informed choice.
Radiant Heat Explained
Radiant heat flooring consists of heat that radiates through a substructure such as carpets, tiles, and wooden flooring.
Unlike conduction or convection heat, radiant heat doesn’t rely on any contact between the heat source and the object being heated.
In layman terms, the heating element’s heat travels through space of its own volition to heat those objects in its path.
How does radiant heat work?
Think of the sun and its incredible distance from the Earth. Yet, we feel the heat of the sun every day.
This is known as radiant heat, and our heated floors work in much the same manner. The radiant floor heating is installed in the subfloor to heat the room from the bottom up.
Flexible tubes, usually fixed in place with the use of mats, radiate across the subfloor. Heat circulates through the tubes and is absorbed through the flooring sitting on top of the system.
It’s an innovative and efficient way of heating a room, providing a comfortable ambient temperature.
The benefits of radiant floor heating
As you may discover through these electric radiant floor heating reviews, this innovative system provides even heat distribution.
Furthermore, radiant floor heating is silent compared to conventional heating systems.
Additionally, unlike bulky radiators, you don’t have to worry about where you place radiant floor heating because it sits beneath the flooring.
Radiant floor heating remains one of the most efficient ways to heat your home.
And the heat will last much longer — even when the system turns off — as the heat may continue to radiate through the floor for quite some time.
Our Quest to Create Electric Radiant Floor Heating Reviews
In this time of uncertainty, we know all too well the importance of budgets. Therefore, we searched for models designed to last for many years.
Additionally, we wanted to ensure the quality of our recommendations. Therefore, we went for those systems displaying positive reviews.
The end-user remains the best source of truthful information because they have the experience of using in-floor heating. The insight and knowledge gleaned from these users proved invaluable during the compilation of this comprehensive list.
Recommended Read: Best Outdoor Pizza Oven on the Market Today
Our Electric Radiant Floor Heating Reviews
Now that we understand some of the radiant heat basics, it’s time for us to explore some electric radiant floor heating reviews.
Heatwave 120V Floor Heating Cable
Buy on Amazon
The Heatwave 120V floor heating cable is one of the best in-floor heating systems on the market. It comes equipped with 364 feet of heating cable, which is an impressive amount.
Accuracy of measurements and waste don’t feel as scary a prospect when a system comes with so much cable.
The in-floor heating system comes with a programmable thermostat that is pre-programmed for a quick setup. The thermostat enables you to set up to four events. You may set the system to automatic, manual, or comfort mode.
The matless installation allows you to fit the cables closely together. The closer the cables, the more heat generated.
A 2-inch spacing will give 15 watts per square foot while a 3-inch spacing will provide 10-watts per square foot. Additionally, the system includes two sensors; a built-in air sensor and a floor sensor.
The Heatwave 120V floor heating cable is manufactured in the USA and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Cable Length: 362 feet - Includes Required 7 Day GFCI Programmable Thermostat & Cable Strapping
- Coverage/Watt Density: 2" Spacing (64 sqft - 15 w/sqft ) - 3" Spacing (96 sqft - 10 w/sqft ) - 4" Spacing (120 sqft - 8...
- Voltage: 120V - Amps: 8 - Watts: 960
- The matless installation makes the cable eminently suited to fit irregular room shapes
- The lifetime limited warranty represents peace of mind
- The system does not have a mat backing, making it tricky to fit
- The floor anchoring supplied with the cable may not suit your type of installation
Warming Systems 20 square feet electric radiant floor heating system
Buy on Amazon
The Warming Systems 20 square feet electric floor heating system is suitable for installation in any room.
The radiant heat makes the system particularly suited for installation beneath tiled floors as the radiant heat will warm up anything inside the room.
The cable is designed to fit 3 inches apart using a mesh and adhesive backing. Consequently, the installation feels more manageable than other mat-free products.
Furthermore, the self-adhesive mesh allows for installation in the most awkwardly shaped environments.
Mortar and tiles sit on top of the cables, making the Warming system particularly suited to new builds and renovation projects.
The programmable thermostat allows for accurate temperature control while ensuring maximum energy efficiency. The thermostat is pre-programmed but allows for the programming of a 7-day schedule.
- 20 Square Foot Under Tile Heating Mat, Mat is 20” Wide x 12’ Long, 120 Volts
- Mat has double sided tape (Adhesive Backing) to stick to floor. Lays FLAT for easy installation.
- 120V, 2 Amp, 240W, 12 Watts/Sqft, UL Listed for USA and Canada, Cable is 1/8” thick
- The unit comes with a comprehensive 25-year warranty
- An installation monitor comes included with your purchase as a standard
- Installation requires a complete renovation of the floor rather than a retrofit
- Suited to new builds and renovations rather than existing spaces, making it a trickier fit
Heatizon’s Heatwave electric radiant floor heating system
Buy on Amazon
The Heatizon’s Heatwave electric radiant floor heating system is a fully embedded in-floor unit. The cable and mats are embedded in the floor itself beneath the concrete or cement.
Consequently, the system is flexible because you don’t have to worry about the mats’ placement.
Heatizon is a USA company with over 20 years’ experience with in-floor heating, making them a reliable brand. The system comes with a comprehensive limited lifetime warranty, which adds peace of mind to your purchase.
You must not place the mats beneath or next to permanent fixtures such as toilets or vanity units.
The programmable thermostat features up to four event programming with a simple to use interface. Additionally, the thermostat comes pre-programmed for quick set up.
The unit includes two sensors with a built-in air sensor and a floor sensor, which you may set to automatic, manual, or comfort mode.
- 100 Sq Ft Electric Radiant Floor Heating Mat, 20 Inches Wide x 61 Feet Long, Includes Required GFCI 7 Day Programmable...
- Highest Quality USA Floor Warming Cable Designed for Longevity by an over 20 Year USA Manufacturer
- Listed and Safe for Wet Locations. Thin profile ~1/8" thick. Multiple Configurations, Adheres to the Floor.
- The unit comes with an impressive limited lifetime warranty
- The system is designed for longevity
- You may use the in-floor radiant heating system in bathrooms and wet areas
- You must not place the mats in certain areas, so you need to be careful with the installation
- The installation may feel complex
Recommended Read: The Ultimate Guide to Different Types of Fireplaces
HeatTech electric radiant floor heating system
Buy on Amazon
The HeatTech electric radiant floor heating system is suitable for new builds and existing floors, making it perfect for retrofits.
The system suits various flooring materials, including ceramic, porcelain tile, stone, granite, and marble. Consequently, the HeatTech in-floor heating system proves the perfect choice for bathrooms.
The mats have a self-adhesive backing, making the installation quick and easy. Additionally, the system is energy efficient, and the running costs of the in-floor heating remain cost-effective.
The cable is placed 3-inches apart for optimal heating distribution. Also, the unit comes with a digital programmable floor sensing thermostat complete with the sensor.
Additionally, the HeatTech electric radiant floor heating system comes with a comprehensive 25-year warranty.
- 40 sqft Under Tile Heating Mat with ADHESIVE BACKING - Lays Flat and Stays Flat, no need to staple
- Mat size: 20" wide x 24.4ft long. Voltage: 120V, Amps: 4.0A, Watts: 480W. Zero EMF.
- Includes Honeywell/Aube TH115-AF-120S digital programmable floor sensing thermostat and sensor. Heating cable is only...
- The in-floor heating system is easy to install and cost-effective
- A 25-year warranty adds peace of mind to the purchase
- The construction of the mats means the system is ill-suited to awkward angles
- Some customers thought the thermostat of inferior quality
SunTouch WarmWire 70 square feet floor heat kit
Buy on Amazon
The SunTouch WarmWire 70 square feet floor heat kit consists of a cable suitable for any layout.
You may amend the design’s shape regardless of immovable fixtures, which gives the system tremendous flexibility.
However, you must remove any flooring before installation, which means this system is perfect for renovations.
The kit contains a thin, durable, and energy-efficient cable. It has an input of 120V and an output of 12 watts per square foot, which makes the kit energy efficient.
The programmable thermostat is a touch screen complete with a floor sensor to reduce running costs. Additionally, the ability to set the temperatures quickly and accurately may help to reduce your utility bills.
SunTouch has over 30 years’ experience with in-floor heating systems, making them a reliable brand. The kit remains suited for above-subfloor, between joist bay or concrete embedded installation.
- WarmWire easily installs over plywood, backerboard, or concrete slab.
- Kit includes mat, touchscreen programmable thermostat, floor sensor, and install accessories.
- Includes heating wire to cover a 70 square foot area.
- The kit is perfect for warming stone, tile, wood, and laminate flooring
- The SunTouch system is suitable for rooms that have an irregular shape
- A touchscreen programmable thermostat comes included with the kit
- The loose cable construction without mats may make for complicated installation
- The manufacturer does not recommend cutting the wire to size, which means that you need to be very accurate with your measurements
Warming Systems 50 square feet electric radiant floor heating system
Buy on Amazon
The Warming Systems 50 square feet electric radiant floor heating system is a cable system suitable for unusually shaped areas.
The cables allow for greater flexibility with installation to provide further versatility than those systems that use mats.
The manufacturer recommends the cables set at 3 inches apart for even and consistent heat coverage.
Additionally, the system comes complete with a digital floor sensing thermostat with a floor sensor, which allows you to customize your heat settings.
An installation monitor supplied with the unit ensures the correct installation of the in-floor heating system. The kit is manufactured in the USA and comes complete with a 25-year warranty.
- 50 Sqft Cable with Digital Programmable Thermostat, Electric Floor Heat Warming System
- Includes Plastic Cable Guides and Installation Monitor
- 120V, 5.0 Amps, 600W, 12 Watts/Sqft, UL Listed for USA and Canada
- The kit fits irregular areas making it a versatile option
- An installation monitor gives peace of mind when installing the kit
- The unit comes with a comprehensive 25-year warranty
- The no mat construction may make for trickier installations
- Some end-users feel the thermostat is of low quality
- A few customers complained that the cable is inferior
Electric Radiant Floor Heating Reviews in a Nutshell
Electric radiant floor heating systems create an ambient heat within the home that is cost-effective to run and silent in operation.
While such a system may feel like a luxurious alternative to conventional heating, this method of heating your home has a relatively low running cost attached to it.
Because fitting an in-floor heating system is involved, you should consult a professional before you begin any work.
It is vital to understand the systems’ differences because some remain suited for retrofitting while others remain useful for new-builds and renovations only.
It is also essential to know the limitations of each product. Some radiant floor heating units cannot go beneath objects such as toilets or vanity units.
Therefore, you may wish to look for those products which offer more flexibility for installation.
A cable system may fit awkward spaces, whereas a mat system may feel more limited in application.
Consequently, we have compiled these electric radiant floor heating reviews to aid with your research and give you confidence with your purchase.
Do you have any experience with in-floor heating? Why not share your knowledge with us by commenting in the space below.
Sean Kerr lives in Cardiff, Wales, and is a published author with over 10 novels to his name so far and still counting. As well as writing his next bestseller, Sean also runs a successful jewelry making business and sells his creations online. You find more of Sean’s home improvement help at Best Kitchen Faucets and MrGarbageDisposal.com.
Last update on 2021-03-05 at 06:56 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API