Best Fire Pits In 2017 ( Reviews and Analysis By Expert )
Want to make your patio an oasis Or make each evening more romantic and enjoyable. Then all you need is to have the best fire pit. Fortunately, in this review I go into a lot of details explaining each element of the fire pit.
Table Of Contents
- Best Fire Pits in 2017 Compared
- Best Fire Pit Reviews and Analysis By Experts
- 1. Landmann 26364 23-1/2-Inch - Savannah Garden Fire Pit
- 2. Fire Sense Roman Outdoor Living Fire Pit
- 3. BCP Hex Shaped Home Garden - Outdoor Backyard Fireplace
- 4. Landman 28345 Big Sky Stars and Moon - Black Fire Pit
- 5. Sun Joe SJFP35-STN 35 Inch Cast Stone Fire Pit
- 6. Landmann USA 28347 - Big Sky Wildlife Fire Pit
- 7. Pleasant Heath Brant - 30 Inch Round Fire Pit
- 8. BCP Extruded Aluminum - Outdoor Fire Pit Table With Cover
- Best Gas Fire Pit Tables Review
- 1. AZ Patio Heaters GS-F-PC - Best Propane Fire Pit Table
- 2. BCP Extruded Aluminum - Gas Outdoor Fire Pit With Cover
- 3. Endless Summer GAD1399SP - LP Gas Outdoor Fire Pit
- 4. Endless Summer GAD860SP - LP Gas Outdoor Firebowl with Slate
- 5. Crawford Outdoor Natural Wood Finish - Liquid Propane Fire Pit
- 6. AZ Patio Heaters Extruded - Aluminum Rectangular Fire Pit
- 7. BCP Hammered Antique Bronze W/ Cover - Gas Outdoor Fire Pit Table
- Best Outdoor Fire Pit Reviews
- Best Portable Propane Fire Pit Review
- Gas Fire Pit Reviews
- Best Propane Fire Pit Reviews
- How To Choose The Best Fire Pit
- Fire Pit Safety Tips
- Which is Better - Gas Fire Pit or Wood Burning Fire Pit
- Where Wood Burning Pit Beats Gas Fire Pit
- Difference Between LPG, Propane and Natural Gas
- What is The Purpose of A Propane Fire Pit
- 5 Creative Things that You Can Do With Your Fire Pit
- How to install Fireglass in Fire Pit Table
- Final Verdict
This review, you also get the factors that you need to know before buying any fire pit. This essential, especially if you are a first time buyer. Just by reading the short guide below, you will become a sophisticated buyer when it comes to choosing a fire pit.
Best Fire Pits in 2017 Compared
38 x 29 x 38
24.25 x 25 x 28.5
45 x 45 x 23.5
20 x 35 x 35
41.3 x 41.3 x 21.7
19.2 x 19.2 x 11.5
25.75 x 38 x 38
34.65 x 18
19 x 19 x 11
Best Fire Pit Reviews and Analysis By Experts
1. Landmann 26364 23-1/2-Inch - Savannah Garden Fire Pit
From the black finish, the stylish decorative decor and the solid steel construction, will tell you that you are buying a high quality product.
This Landmann Savannah is a medium-sized fire pit that is perfect if you have a small or either big patio. This is the perfect fire pit for your next patio get together.
- This is a large that feature a 23 inch fire bowl
- Features spark screen and a fireplace poker.
- It the metal finish is well-constructed, making it solid and durable.
- Comes with an attractive decorative firebox that creates an astonishing ambiance for your backyard.
What I Love About It
- Ring Handles: You won't find it hard to move or transport your fire pit to any area that you want. Thanks to the ring handles that makes handling easy.
- Superior support: Unlike other fire pit that comes with three legs. Which can result to fire in case someone steps on it. This fire pit is a little bit different. It features 4 decorative legs that make the whole unit strong.
- Spark screen: The whole unit comes with a high quality spark screen for catching embers that may want to pop out. That means everybody is fully protected and also you deck won't get damaged.
- 360 degrees view: That means everybody sees the fire and gets the warmth. No one will complain of feeling cold in a good fire pit like this.
- Simple to assemble: When you buy this fire pit, you get all the parts. You get the manual. The longest you can take to assemble the whole thing is 45 minutes or one hour if you are a one man
The fire pit doesn't come with a rain cover. So you will have to buy it, because it doesn't even have holes that can let out the water. The instruction says that, you should put sand at the bottom of the fire pit, so that it doesn't damage your deck.
Well, they would have used a good material to make the bottom of the fire pit. As some people are not comfortable having a sand in their wooden deck.
2. Fire Sense Roman Outdoor Living Fire Pit
If you ever want to add a nice touch to your outdoor living space. Then Fire sense roman fire pit is the answer. With this fire pit comes the roman style that will compliment your patio if you are looking to have a traditional contemporary setting in your patio.
The spark screen included in this fire pit is nested inside the bowl. Having this fire pit adds ambience and romance to your patio. When it comes to durability, I will be happy to say that the fire pit has a sturdy metal construction.
- The whole unit features: screen lift tool and wood grate.
- Comes with a mesh fire screen with high temperature paint.
- The steel logs are brushed and painted to prevent it from rusting.
- Comes with a large firebowl that is 35 inches wide with a high temperature bronze finish.
What I love about it
- Fire screen with high temperature paint: If you are worried about sparks of flame flying out of the fire to your clothes. Relax, this fire screen will ensure that nothing sneaks out the fire distract your warmth and comfort.
- Wood grate: With the wood grate you will be able to put your logs very easily without much hassle. The good news is that this wood grate, is removable, giving you an easy time during cleaning.
- Screen lift tool: With this tool, you don't need to wait for the fire screen to cool so that you can remove it. The screen lift tool keeps your hands safe while you lift the fire screen to add logs or put them together.
- Diameter: A 35 inch firebowl, that is big enough for a fire pit.
You will need to buy cover when buying this fire pit, because it doesn't come with it. Unless the cover this is the best fire pit I ever saw. You will use the cover to protect the fire pit against the rains. The water easily fills up because, the pit has no drain holes, to let the water pass.
3. BCP Hex Shaped Home Garden - Outdoor Backyard Fireplace
A chilly night with flickering flames. That is what this BCP Hex shaped fire pit promises. It's a dark rubbed bronze finish and lattice design will blend with any color in your home decor.
It doesn't matter if you want the fire pit to go with your patio, porch or your garden. The finishing and styling of this fire pit makes it look expensive.
This is a spacious fire pit that offers a unique view for your guests and family. The design of this fire pit is simply awesome and that's the reason it took place on my fire pit review article.
- Features decorative style that will accentuate your patios such as the bronze finish and the lattice design.
- A large fire bowl that holds lots of wood to burn. You will never have to worry about enough wood once you fill the fire bowl to its capacity.
- Comes with a long lasting steel constructed metal finish
- Light enough for you to move it from any direction you want
- A flame retardant lid that prevents ashes from popping out of the flame.
What I love about it
- Deep wide bowl: The bowl that comes with this fire pit has a big diameter that can hold enough wood to keep the whole fire burning for extended hours.
- Durable: The robust steel construction is durable and will make the fire pit last longer.
- Flame retardant lid: If you are worried about the ashes emitting out of the fire pit Then this tool does a nice job of preventing that from happening. Because of this tool, you will find cleaning a no hassle.
- Assembling time: With this fire pit, you only need to assemble 3 main core parts of the fire pit. That is: the fire bowl, the bottom and spark guard.
No fire poker. It doesn't come with a poker that you can use to monitor the logs and maintain the fire pit. But you can still find a long stick that can serve that purpose.
4. Landman 28345 Big Sky Stars and Moon - Black Fire Pit
The big sky stars and moon are nice designs to add beauty to a fire pit. It will leave you gazing at this Landmann big sky fire pit and sparks awesome conversation with your friends and family.
This is durable and long lasting fire pit. It is made using stainless steel with a blend of black paint
Moving the fire pit to your favorite spot in your patio or camping spot will not be a hassle. Because the whole units weigh 35 pounds that even a 13-year-old kid can carry it.
- Large firebowl
- Safety ring for quick transportation.
- Strong steel construction.
What I love about it
- A full size enamel cover grate: This large grate is a nice addition to the fire pit. It will make it easier for your kids and the family to roast marshmallows and hot dogs.
- Fireplace poker: You will immediately you use this tool to put the logs together and maintain the fire.
- Spark screen: The spark screen prevents the sparks 0f flames from getting out the fire pit.
- 360 degree view: The big sky stars and moon are design callouts that enhance the visibility of the fire pit.
- Assembling: Takes around 20 minutes to put everything together.
It has hollow legs that are sharp at the bottom, which makes sliding of the fire pit very possible and resulting in a fire. So you have to be careful that you don't trip on the fire pit.
5. Sun Joe SJFP35-STN 35 Inch Cast Stone Fire Pit
The Sun Joe stone cast 35 inch fire pit is an incredible ambience for families and camping pundits. The fire pit will create a wonderful outdoor experience for your family and guests.
The fire pit features 35 -inch cast stone that can accommodate a large gathering while at the same time providing an equal amount of heat to all.
- The cast iron is well-constructed to make it sophisticated and durable.
- It features large fire bowl, 29 inches to be precise. This enough to hold any amount of wood for any long night.
- It is a centerpiece that will be a nice addition to enhance your outdoor living space
- It is a centerpiece that will be a nice addition to enhance your outdoor living space
- Wire mesh screen: Prevents sparks from getting out that means your peace of mind won't be distracted while you enjoy the fire.
- 24 inch screen hook: Some fire pits lack screen hooks and this makes getting rid of the screen difficult. Especially, if you want to add more logs. With the screen hook included in this fire pit, this problem is solved.
- Assembling: With this fire pit, you don't need to do much. All you need is to unpack it and use it right away.
It is small. I like the design of the fire pit. Unfortunately, it is small. If you need something that is raised, then you better look for another fire pit. Neither does it come with a cover or holes beneath to let water out. You may need to get yourself a rain cover.
6. Landmann USA 28347 - Big Sky Wildlife Fire Pit
You will love the solid animal cutouts that make this stainless steel fire pit appealing to look at in the evening. The look and feel of the whole unit is heavy and that means you as a buyer, you are getting a high quality material. You can use the whole unit to roast Marshmallows and hot dogs while enjoying the warmth of the heat.
- Features spark screen and poker.
- The stylish wildlife cutouts give the whole unit a unique ambience at night.
- Robust steel construction that is durable and long lasting
- Comes with cooking grate and fire pit poker.
- The black finish of the whole unit makes cleaning a no-hassle.
- Comes with a safety ring that you can put on the fire pit.
What i love about it
- Screen cover for the top: It fits well. It's heavy and will prevent the sparks from getting out.
- Large fire pit: No doubts, this is a large fire pit, enough to warm a whole camping gathering. It would be nice if you have a large patio or backyard.
- Grate grill: Its Teflon coated that makes it easy to clean, especially if you are through with roasting your hot dogs.
The protective ring at the top is not that strong enough. It leaves a small gap. I wish the company would make it fit well.
7. Pleasant Heath Brant - 30 Inch Round Fire Pit
You are looking to have hours of relaxation every single night. I have something interesting for you. That is the pleasant heath brand round fire pit.
It will create a cozy atmosphere that will leave you having a peace of mind while you enjoy those flickering flames.
The rubbed bronze finish will be a nice compliment to your patio, porch or garden. The whole unit features: 30 inch firebowl, mesh wire cover and a poker.
- The whole unit includes: ash catcher, fire bowl and steel grate.
- With the steel grate design, the air circulates freely to make the fire burn for long periods.
- Decorative bronze finish.
- Wood grate insert: To make your fire burning for the whole night, you need oxygen. The main function of the wood grate insert is to keep the air circulating to maintain the fire.
- Lightweight: It is so light that you can move it to any place you want.
- The holes: The whole unit has holes which are excellent to allow water to flow away during the rainy season. This will save you from buying a cover for the unit. But to maintain the whole piece, you will still need a cover.
- Mesh spark guard and poker: The mesh guard prevents the sparks from getting outside. You can use the poker to hold the mesh while hot.
The whole unit arrived a little bit late when I ordered it. But, it works fine.
8. BCP Extruded Aluminum - Outdoor Fire Pit Table With Cover
With this BCP Extruded fire pit, you will be enhancing your night. You will find reading a book or meditating to during this time to be an awesome thing.
This fire pit will enhance your outdoor living space. It will be an excellent centerpiece for your guests and family.
- Includes: bronze finish, glass beads and cover
- Comes with a door knob that opens to propane tank.
- The aluminum finish makes the whole unit weather resisting and the fact that is painted dark brown that make is it rust-resistant.
- Comes with a lid at the top.
- Flame height: You can adjust the fire up to 12 or 15 inch highs
- Mantle: It is wide enough. That means you have room to place your plate, drinks, and legs.
- The Tabletop: It is strong and durable. You can use it as a coffee table.
It has a poor quality cover top.
Best Gas Fire Pit Tables Review
Deep inside our hearts, we all feel a certain connection to a burning fire. The warmth it offers awakens an ancient feeling of security. There are plenty of indoor fireplaces available on the market today. But nothing can compare to sitting under the stars on a cool autumn night, sipping hot tea and feeling the warmth coming from an open fire.
Since starting a campfire in your backyard or your porch is far from being safe, purchasing a fire pit can give you the same benefits while saving you a lot of effort. After considering all the above, I made a decision to find the perfect gas fire pit table out there to suit my needs. I tested 8 products to find out how they compare.
I had to go through some hard work singling out the gas fire pit tables. Below is my list of the fire pits that I believe can suit any household. Each one of them has a list of advantages and disadvantages to help make your choice easier.
1. AZ Patio Heaters GS-F-PC - Best Propane Fire Pit Table
This patio heater is rather heavy, but it took me only about 20 minutes to take it out of the box and get it assembled.
The product has a nice and large door, so installing the butane tank and taking it out was fast and easy. After I put the tank in, there was space left inside for storage
It only took a millisecond to light it up with the battery-operated pulse ignition. All I had to do was turn the knob.
I appreciated the antique design of this outdoor fire pit table that perfectly fit into my patio decor. The white glass that comes with the unit lights up very nicely to create a romantic atmosphere.
I expected the heater to be about the size of a coffee table but in fact, it’s as high as the kitchen cabinet, so I had to find a high chair to take advantage of the heat in full.
Things I Liked
- A bronze finish gives this table an antique look and feel
- Heats up a large area (up to 15 feet in diameter)
- Ignition is battery operated
- Easy to assemble
- Extra space inside
- Higher than expected
2. BCP Extruded Aluminum - Gas Outdoor Fire Pit With Cover
The fire pit is a bit heavy so I needed to take most items out of the box to transport it to my patio. The assembly is easy thanks to very detailed instructions that come with the product. The only thing I would recommend is buying extra beads. The 2 bags that came with it didn’t seem to be sufficient. The product is fully made out of aluminum and the design is pleasing to the eye.
The cover is well-designed to keep the moisture away from the fire pit while not ruining the way it looks. The flame is adjustable and gives just enough warmth to feel comfortable on a cool night when sitting close to the table.
The table is low enough to prop your feet up on it and enjoy the warm feeling. This is a great choice for people who want to use this fire pit as a table when it’s not lit up.
Things I Liked
- Strong and powerful heat
- Slick design
- Can be used as a regular table
- Touch up paint included
- Easy to assemble
- Just 2 bags of glass beads
3. Endless Summer GAD1399SP - LP Gas Outdoor Fire Pit
When I took the first look at this fire pit table, I immediately got positive feelings. The design is slick and fabulous.
It takes about an hour to assemble, which is rather quick. The propane tank is easily installed and removed, thanks to the slide-out feature.
The black glass beads make the fire look unusual and beautiful. The fire pit gives off a significant amount of heat, so it’s perfect for people who like to spend many hours outside on cool fall evenings.
The flame is adjustable and can reach about 20 inches in height. The stainless steel burner is very stable and gives an impression of a heavy-duty product that can serve its purpose for a long time to come.
It comes with one-year manufacturer warranty. This elegant fire bowl creates a warm and peaceful atmosphere regardless of the weather. This fire pit table comes with a cover, but it’s rather flimsy so I would recommend buying a sturdier one.
Things I Liked
- Hidden control panel
- Black glass beads
- Unique design
- Fast set-up
- Adjustable flame
- Flimsy cover
4. Endless Summer GAD860SP - LP Gas Outdoor Firebowl with Slate
This product is easy to assemble but the instructions are mostly pictures so they require close examination. It takes two people to set it up. The construction is very sturdy and the unit itself is heavy which makes an impression of a long-lasting product.
It creates a nice flame that makes cool evenings warmer. You can start feeling the heat after about 20 minutes of the flame being lit.
A wide table top provides plenty of space to put several cups of coffee, a plate of munchies, or a glass of wine. The controls and the propane tank are easy to get to which simplifies the operation immensely. Playing around with the log placement helps make the fire as tall and as impressive as you want it to be.
The beautiful marble slate top and an intricately designed bottom part of this fire table definitely make it a great buy for people who want to install something special in their backyard.
Things I Liked
- Intricate design
- Lava rocks and logs
- Easy tank access
- Mosaic tank mantel
- Very sturdy
- Easy to operate
- Hard to read instructions
5. Crawford Outdoor Natural Wood Finish - Liquid Propane Fire Pit
This unit makes a positive impression due to the wood-like panels. The natural look gives this fire pit table a special feel that comes with wooden products. This design makes the fire pit all-purpose for any decor.
The unit doesn’t require any assembly so it is ready for use right upon delivery. It comes with lava rocks that create a soft and warm flame.
There is no door for the propane tank to be installed. Instead, one of the sides gets detached. This is a great idea since the fire pit gets a uniform look just like a natural fireplace would.
I opted for adding some logs to make the fire appear even more natural. Glass beads would be a smart addition too since lava rocks can’t create a romantic and magical atmosphere as well as the beads can.
Things I Liked
- No assembly required
- Wooden finish
- Adjustable flame
- Comes with lava rocks
- No cover included
6. AZ Patio Heaters Extruded - Aluminum Rectangular Fire Pit
The design of this fire pit is very inviting. It has a lid that slides on and turns the unit into a nice outdoor table.
Even when the fire is burning, there is enough space to place plates and glasses. The fire pit gives off a great flame.
While it might not be enough to warm several people up during a very cold night, the flame doesn’t go out even when the wind is rather strong.The table is big enough to accommodate more than 4 people so it’s a great choice for big families. It comes with fire glass that makes the flame pleasant to look at and creates an amiable atmosphere.
It took me about one hour to assemble this product considering that I’ve already done similar assemblies before. The instructions are not as accurate as they could be. This is a great product for people who are looking for a 2-in-1 fire pit and table option for their backyard or patio.
Things I Liked
- Bronze finish
- Solid feel
- Comes with a lid
- Accommodates many people
- Easy to use
- Inaccurate assembly instructions
7. BCP Hammered Antique Bronze W/ Cover - Gas Outdoor Fire Pit Table
This product came with clear instructions so the assembly didn’t take a long time. I appreciated the smart design with double doors for installing and removing the propane tank.
A glass cover is very useful for the times when the fire pit is off. The unit can be used as a table as well.
The flame is adjustable but won’t give off too much heat. So this one is recommended for cool summer nights.
The product is made out of metal and makes an impression of a reliable construction. A nylon cover is included to keep the fire pit safe from rain and snow. There is enough space on the outer rim to place a glass of something tasty and enjoy a warm feeling the fire creates.
The unit was a little higher than I expected but still can be used as a table. It’s a good choice for people who want to get the best product for a moderate price.
Things I Liked
- Attractive design
- Comes with a lid
- Adjustable flame
- Good price
- Price is little higher than expected to me.
Best Outdoor Fire Pit Reviews
Having an outdoor fire pit table can mean a lot of things for your evening. First, the fire is irresistible, because it gets all your loved together. Second, it keeps the conversation going on. No one gets bored with one another. Finally, and most important, everybody gets a good night's sleep. Sleep comes easily when you are relaxing gazing at those dancing flames.
In this guide I did my best to compile 6 awesome outdoor fire pit tables. In this review I answer every question that may be bugging you or making you sit on the fence about getting one of this in your patio.
I have also done a good job of providing you a nice chart that you can use to know the basic features of each fire pit table. The chart acts a comparison chart that you can use to know the different outdoor fire pit table.
After seeing the chart, you can take a quick read for different fire pit tables. Get to know each of them and you be the judge of the one you will keep on your patio.
1. BCP Gas Outdoor Fire Pit Table with Fire Pit Cover
The hammered bronze finish gives this fire pit a rusting look that will make your guest enjoy talking about its beauty and allure. It has a nice looking design that will accentuate your evening.
If you like a to give your interior a nice touch of elegance. Then an addition of this bronze finish will complete your patio or your backyard.
It may be the only thing remaining to make your family evening great again. It will not only bring all people together, but it will keep the conversation going the whole night. It is time you killed the boring nights with this gas fire pit table.
- Comes with a glass cover that you can use to protect your fire pit against all bad weather conditions.
- Produces 42,000 BTU of heat. Which enough to warm everybody, including pets.(Just kidding)
- Well-constructed with a solid steel metal with textured design, which gives a rustic glossy look.
- Its table has its lid. You have easy access to propane tank.
What I Love About it
- Assembling time: It takes about an hour and a half to put all the parts together. As long as you follow the direction, the time might be less than what I have stated.
- Flame: Produce huge, beautiful flame that will make you gazing at them for extended period.
- Great customer service: If there is something that needs a mention is the customer services that they provide. They get to you quickly whenever you have a complaint or a concern regarding the shipping. If you have a damaged product, email them and you will get a replacement as fast as possible.
Well, fire glass is a little bit less. You may need to buy more, if you are not satisfied. The other thing is the positioning of the control knob and ignition. They could improve in this area.
I personally love this fire pit because of the excellent customer service the company provides.
2. LP Gas Outdoor Firebowl with Mantel
The endless summer fire pit will add a beautiful glow to your patio and backyard. It will leave your guest entertained and stay longer in the night to enjoy awesome conversation.
The evenings are a nice way to bond with your loved one...but nothing makes those evenings memorable like having an endless summer fire pit. It takes care all the stress that you would be having when you are having a wood fire pit.
- Comes with lava rocks and logs. But you could also buy fire glass as a replacement to rocks and logs.
- It has an electric ignition that makes lighting the fire pit easy that your grandma can do it.
- Looking at the marble and slate, they give a stylish look. They make the whole fire pit look royal and a nice addition to complement your patio or backyard.
- Ignites 40,000 BTU of heat, enough to warm a 150 square fit area.
What I Love About it
- The slate tabletop is wide enough: You can put your legs, drinks, plates and bottles. On top of that kids can enjoy cooking their hots dogs.
- Heat: It produces enough heat for everybody. Your pet, especially cats will enjoy getting the warmth from this fire pit.
- Propane tank cover: It comes with a cover just to protect the propane tank.
- Fire pit covers: It also comes with its own cover to protect it from all the bad weather conditions.
- Assembling time: It takes around two hours for two people to put it together.
The instructions are visual; I wish they could be written for easy understanding. Overall, it is a nice fire pit worthy your investment.
3. Vineyard Rustic 36 Inch Propane Fire Table
The vineyard rustic propane will give your patio and backyard a unique distinctive look. The item has a stylish look that adds that extra beauty to your patios and backyard. Vineyard fire pit gives your guest a beautiful glow of a real fire. It is perfect for those that have a small patio and backyard.
It is a small fire pit, but that doesn't mean that it produces less heat. In fact, the vineyard rustic propane ignites 50,000 BTU of heat which enough.
- The unit comes with a standard 20lb of propane tank.
- Produces 50,000 BTU of heat. That means everybody will be warm come winter.
- Feature propane gas firebowl
What I Love About it
- Flame height: The flame can be as high as 14 inches.
- The stone tabletop is wide enough to provide space to put your feet, drinks and food.
The vineyard rustic fire pit is very small. I guess this can be a problem for some people who enjoy the beauty of having something big.
4. BCP Extruded Fire Pit - Best Outdoor Gas Fire Table For The Money
This can be a centerpiece of joy and entertainment in the summer breeze. It is a product of best choice product. Happens to be an excellent fire pit table, but it has one caveat.
Which I will tell you below. However, I don't see why it won't be worth your investment.
- Has a lid at the top to display the fire. You can also use the lid to cover the pit when not used.
- Made of aluminum, which is painted with a dark brown color. The aluminium inclusion makes the fire pit be rust resistant.
- This gas fire pit has a door that opens and close to store the propane tank.
- The fire pit features: A cover to protect the fire pit, glass beads that add a nice look to your fire, a bronze hammered fire pit that look stylish.
What I Love About it
- Stickers: When you buy this fire pit, you get stickers to help you connect the right parts together. The addition of stickers cuts the assembling time by half, because all you have to do is fix things together.
- Material: The inclusion of aluminum makes this gas fireplace durable and rust-resistant.
- Manual: You get the manual that gives you direction of how to put all the things together pretty fast.
- Flame height: The flame can go as high as 15 inches tall.
Comes with a low quality cover. By that I mean, it is not waterproof or water resistant. You may need to get a good cover for this fire pit. However, it still remains a great product that deserves a mention in my reviews
Best Portable Propane Fire Pit Review
Tired of wood fireplaces? You are not alone. Thousands of people admit smelling smoke after lighting a wood fireplace. Fortunately, there is an answer to all this. Portable propane fire pit. I would look like am selling you snake oil if I didn't talk about the safety concerns of propane gas.
You and I know that, if this gas is not handled well it can be dangerous. The good news... There is an article that I go into deep length talking about the safety concern of propane gas. Here is the article.
I spend thousands of man hours interviewing fireplace pundits on the portable propane fire pit. Through those interviews, I knew what kind of fire pit would work for my audience what didn't.
I also went into great details to come up with buying guide and an article that talks about the safety concern of propane gas. So that by the time, any of my customers buys any of these fire pit, they would know that they bought something that worked.
Something that would make their evening great. I also compiled a chart of these fireplace pits giving out information about their basic features and general information. Plus, in this in-depth review I will walk you down on the things that I loved about each fireplace and the limitations.
My goal is as reviewer is to provide detailed unbiased information so that you can make an informed choice. Here is the list of my recommended propane fire pits.
1. Heininger 5995 58,000 BTU - Outdoor Propane Fire Pit
There is that feeling that you get when you are sitting around the fireplace in the company of your friends. You know what it is. The night is always memorable and fun.
That is what this fire pit does. It brings all the people together. Your family will enjoy quality time having this fire pit around.
Heininger portable propane was designed for outdoor activities such as camping, patios and backyard. What makes Heininger a great fire pit is the features that it has. But like any other product, it has some few limitations under its belt.
- Comes with a 10-foot gas hose and regulator
- Produces zero smoke and burns
- Portable, you can carry it around. It is lightweight.
- Perfect for camping, backyard or patios
- The Outland firebowl is a product from Heninger
- The diameter is 19 inches’ wide
What I love about it
- Safety: Comes with a safety device that controls the amount of propane gas that burns so that it does not result into a big flame.
- Heat: Produces decent amount of heating even on low setting.
- Smokeless: It is clean energy. Produces zero smoke. You won't even worry about changing position in case of wind or smoke.
- Hose length: It has a long cord to keep the propane tank safe
I wish the fire pit had an inbuilt ignition, this would have made lighting easy. But you can buy an ignition for this fire pit like I did.
2. Outland Firebowl Deluxe Portable Propane Fire pit
With this fire pit, you are buying an intimate outdoor theme for your family and guest. It is the kind of fire pit that would keep your loved ones and friends in the night for long hours while they watch the dazzling of a real flame.
If safety happens to be a great concern for you. Then I have good news for you. The fire pit is CSA approved. That means you can use it in camps, place on your carpet and it will not cause fires.
- Comes with a cover or carry kit that you can use to carry it around and even keep it away from the rain.
- Made of steel with high temperature powder coating which makes it durable and protective.
- Lightweight: It is portable enough for you to move around with it.
- Approved by CSA making it a safe fireplace.
What I love about it
- Heat: The flaming bowl puts a decent amount of heat with a comfortable flame on low setting.
- Customer service: The company has great customer services. They are quick to respond whenever you have a question or concern with your firebowl.
- High Quality materials: It is constructed with high quality steel material with a great protective enamel finish. This makes it to be durable.
Lacks an electric igniter, the lid easily gets up. I also had concerns with the straps because they are painful to handle. Overall, I would say that it is a great fire pit for camps and patios.
3. Napa Steel Propane Fire Pit
The well constructed Napa steel fire pit produces nice looking flame with a decent amount of heat. This is the kind of fire pit that you can use in camps, backyards or patios. It will have all your guests and loved one enjoy the cold night. Produces, beautiful, realistic looking fire with real warmth.
- The fire pit comes with lava rocks, lid straps and a 10-foot hose attached to a regulator. With fire pit, you can also buy ceramic gas logs.
- The fire pit is smokeless and clean
- It is lightweight, easy to move with it around.
- It can be used in all outdoor activities such as camping, in the patios or backyards.
What I love about it
- Economical: Napa steel propane fire pit uses less amount propane gas. This will save you more money.
- Heat: Produces enough heat even on low settings. When it heats up the rocks glow and minimum propane is required to give off plenty of heat
- Portable: Comes with a lid and straps. This makes it easy for you travel with. The setup process is also a no-brainer.
It lacks ignition feature
4. Outland Firebowl Premium Portable Propane Fire Pit
The premium Outland firebowl attracts people like bugs of light. Perfectly design for anyone that wants a to have a romantic evening in their patios.
By romantic evening, I mean you are sitting around this premium fire pit with a glass of wine.
This is the fire pit that I own because, unlike the rest it has an auto-ignition features. Which makes it easy to light up.
- Comes with a 10-foot hose with a regulator.
- New auto-ignition features which make lighting it a no-brainer.
- You get a cover or carry kit that makes it easy for you to move around with it. And store it in a safe place after use.
- It is light and CSA approved. You won't have to worry about its safety concerns.
- Well-constructed with stainless steel material, which makes it a high quality and durable.
What I love about it
- Quality and durable: It is enhanced with stainless material which makes it have a contemporary look.
- New Auto-Ignition features: This feature makes lighting of the firebowl automatic. You won't have to bend for extended minutes lighting the firebowl.
- Cooling: It takes around 15 to 20 minutes to cool off after use.
- Heat: The 58,000 BTU makes it produces a decent amount of heat enough to warm the nearby places. Its flames are beautiful and realistic
The firebowl has three legs, because of that, few people will consider this fire pit unsafe. In the picture, it looks bronze, but it is not the color you will see when the product arrives. It is black.
5. Bond 18.5 Inch Bronze Propane 50k BTU Campfire Fire Pit
This is a charming source of light and warmth. It comes with an ignition knob that lights the stainless steel burner. And it has a gas flow knob that makes it easy for you to adjust the flame height and intensity. This fire pit is developed by Bond manufacturing, which has been a long time importer of Bamboo for 50 years.
It has been in the market for producing ultra-versatile product that meets its customer's specification and quality. Comes with pumice stones which makes the flame look beautiful and realistic.
- Comes with the following features: tank holder, gas hose, regulator and stones.
- Safe to be used on both wood and composite decks.
- Produces 50,000 BTU of heat. It is fueled by 20-lb. propane tanks
- Stylish bronze finish with a steel frame.
What I love about it
- The smart locking cover, which makes it easy to move travel around with it.
- Automatic lighting: It has an ignition knob which makes light it easier. You can use it with briquets to cook hot dogs and marshmallows.
- Easy to Use: It takes less than a minute to set up. After use, you will need about 15 to 20 minutes to let the fire pit cool then you can carry kit.
The flame is could be higher, but it is very low. It has a small jet engine which makes produces some noise
6. Outland Firebowl Mega Propane Fire Pit
Want to have a romantic ambience to your outdoor activities. Then you will love the outland firebowl mega propane fire pit.
Because it brings the warmth and experience of a real campfire. The fire pit is big enough to make sure that nobody runs shortage of warmth.
Perfect, for camps and other outdoor activities. You can use it to make marshmallows or BBQ, but make sure to read the manufacturer's instruction before using it.
- The fire pit is CSA approved which makes it safe to be used in any outdoor activities such as camping.
- The diameter of the fire pit is 24 inches which is 75% larger surface area than most Outland firebowl.
- Well-constructed with steel material. It includes high temperature powder coating and protective enamel, which are ideal to make it safe and durable.
- Comes with cover, 10-foot hose with a regulator, propane tank stabilizer ring and a soft rock.
What I love about it
- Excellent customer service: The company is quick and responsive to answer any question or concern you may have about the product. If you get the product having a dent, all you need is to call the manufacturer and it will be fixed as soon as possible.
- Heat: Produces enough heat to warm all the people around it.
- Long Tube: Its tube is long enough to hide the propane tank, which make it safe so that no one trips over the tank.
This fire pit uses propane quickly. If you are on a tight budget, this may not be the best fire pit for you. Lacks ignition knob, because of that you are forced to throw a match into the fire pit for it to light.
Gas Fire Pit Reviews
What do you think is the economical fire pit for your needs, You are right. It's the gas fire pit. First in this short article, I will walk you around the perfect gas fire pit from experts. You will get to know the features, what i love about it and the cons.
If you decide to walk away with any of the gas fire pit mention below, I also walk you on how to keep it safe. With any fire pit, safety is something that is paramount. That is not all.
If you are new to fire pits, it's vital that you read in our guide on: When And How to Use A Portable Firepit. I go into a lot of details on the setup and some safety measure that you may need to know once you buy the fire pit.
Since, you are thinking of buying a gas fire pit, I believe you want to keep it on your deck. But before you do that, here is what you may need to know: What Fire Pit is Safe for Decks Know Before Buy:
1. Endless Summer LP Gas Outdoor Table Top Fireplace
With this outdoor table top, you can't imagine the ambience and warmth sneaking into your patio every evening. So, who is the perfect buyer for this gas fire pit? This gas fire pit perfect for those people who have a small patio. Or a small place.
The gas fire pit is small and beautiful. It comes with black fireglass that will enhance the elegance of your patio.
- Produces 10,000 BTU, which is enough too heat a small area.
- Features a stainless steel burner which makes it a durable product that is worth your investment.
- Does not come with an LP tank.
- Comes with black fireglass that means you won't have to buy them unless you want to have lava rocks.
What I love about it
- Duration: The 1lb propane tank last for only two hours. This is perfect if you are never going to stay outside for that along
- Light and small: You can place this fire pit in any place. It is relatively small. You can also use it on your balcony, as long as you will be nearby so that events don't happen.
- The black fireglass: It comes with enough black fireglass that fills the whole fire pit. With this fire pit, you will enjoy the glass rock rather than the crummy ugly lava.
No door: It doesn't come with a door knob that can be used to manage the propane exchange. Because of this limitation, you have to turn the whole unit over. When you do that, you have to start putting all the fire glass on the floor.
The second, it has no electric ignition that makes it easier to light the burner. Instead, you have to light the burner with a long stemmed lighter.
2. Endless Summer GAD1401M LP Gas Outdoor Fireplace
The endless summer place comes with a decorative base that perfectly conceals the propane tank and control. The endless summer fireplace produces flame classic that resemble the real wood-burning fire pit. The whole unit is a no-brainer to assemble, with its detailed manual; you can have the whole thing within half an hour.
- Features lava rocks.
- Well-built with weather resistant steel.
- Features a high quality material that is durable.
- Produces 30,000 BTU of heat, which is enough to warm everybody throughout the night.
What I love about it
- TableTop: It is a high quality rustic, strong table top. Its sides are oil, rubber bronze and they look hammered. Bottom line: this is high quality material that is weather resistant.
- Heating ability: With 30,000 BTU of heat, you get huge dancing flames that are eye appealing and romantic to see.
- The manual: The most heartening thing when buying a sophisticate product like this...is having a manual that confuses you. Well, this fireplace, everything is well illustrated with diagrams. You only read a few words, see the small diagram and you are set to fix things.
Lava rocks. I wish the company provided more lava rocks for the fire pit that covers the whole place. Lighting is a little bit tricky for the first time. But once you get used to it, it won't be a problem.
3. Endless Summer - GAD1429SP - Gas Outdoor Fire Pit
Are you looking for a great way to spend quality time with your family? This endless summer fire pit is the answer. Its tiles are nicely designed at the edges with stylish texture. Its tabletop is so big enough that it can serve as a coffee table, when you are not using the fire.
This looks great, if you are looking for a warm place to enjoy your morning coffee while you see the sun rise. According to me it's the best fire pit because of it's design.
- Comes with lava rocks that glows red hot.
- High quality stainless steel burner.
- The fire place ignites 30,000 BTU of heat. That is enough heat if you have a big patio or backyard.
- Features slate tile, steel bowl and wicker base design.
- The electric ignition and control panel are hidden, that makes the whole unit have a decorative base. It gives that classic appearance.
- It does include the LP tank.
What I love about it
- Assembling time: It is easy to assemble. With its manual, it can take you 45 minutes, to fix all the nuts and bolts to set the whole unit up.
- Different flame settings: With the knob, you are able to adjust the flame to any height you want, thereby having the warmth you want.
- Wide ledge on the fire pit: This fire pit features a strong rustic fire pit table that is wide enough to leave room for glasses, cups, plates and even your own feet. The slate mantle is both rust and weather-resistant. But it also still good to still cover it when not in use.
It is a good fire pit, but you will be disappointed with it. It doesn't produce enough heat. But if heat is not an option, then you can still have this fire pit.
4. Stone Design Outdoor Home Patio Gas Fire Pit
Have you ever dreamt of having a mood and setting of a real campfire? This fire pit is naturally designed to complement the traditional-style home while at the same time giving them the feeling of a real campfire. It's well supported by a solid-well constructed frame from natural stone workmanship.
The fire pit features a couple of things: a stainless steel burner and a decorative base.
- Heating ability: 30, 000 BTU
- Use 20lb of propane gas.
- Features: flame control adjustment knob and one strip spark-ignition button.
What I love about it
- The one-stop spark-ignition button: A simple, quick touch light the whole unit with amazing flame. With the control knob you are can adjust the flame and height to suite your mood.
It is small. The whole unit is so small. It also doesn't come with fire pit lava rocks.
Best Propane Fire Pit Reviews
Imagine having a gathering of friends and family out in your backyard on a beautiful summer night. Everyone is having a good time, and complimenting you on your fire pit. It’s a great centerpiece and it illuminates the yard in a coat of flame. Propane fire pits are becoming more common by the day, giving yards a more rustic feel. But, just what is a propane fire pit? How to choose the correct propane fire pit ?
Propane means that the fire pit is gas powered. With a gas powered fire pit, wood gathering is not required and it’s easy to light; switch on the valve, use a lighter, and you have a fire burning!
Now, this is the time to review of these propane fire pits. You already got the names in above chart . Now I'm providing the detail of these gas fire pits:
1. Outland Fire bowl Deluxe Fire Pit
The thought of seeing the stars and the moon in the evening has never deterred people from adding ambience to their outdoor activity. And nothing promises the glamorous evening other than the outland fire bowl deluxe portable propane fire pit.
Looking at the construction, the company did a nice job of including the protective powder coating. This alone makes the Outland fire pit durable and long lasting. It is light and portable, that means you can go with it for camping or put in any place that you want to get warmth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the propane hose removable?
Yes. You can detach it or wrap around the fire bowl for storage.
Will the camp grill fit nicely over the top?
Yes. It fit perfectly. In fact a 19" grill grate will work perfectly with this outland firebowl fire pit.
What I like
Comes with a long cord to prevent tripping over the propane tank. It puts out terrific warm flames that create an intimate outdoor theme. You also get a cover to protect the whole unit against bad weather.
2. BCP Aluminium Gas Outdoor Fire Pit Table with Cover
This fireplace stands out in the market place. Do you know why? Because it blows most fire pit away when it comes to quality. Let me explain. The extruded aluminum and the dark brown paint finish, is a true sign of beauty and elegance. That aside, durability is won't be an issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the weight of the glass beads.
20 pounds that is enough to fit in the fire bowl
How long does the propane tank last?
It will depend on how you use the flame. If you want to have a high flame, it may last for 6 or 8 hours.
What are the dimensions of the whole unit?
The table top covers 19*19 inches, which is wide. The flame area is 10 inches in diameter. That means you can have 4 to 6 people around the fire pit.
What I like
The table top deserves a mention. Its quality alone will exceed your expectation. And it is perfect for great cookouts and get together.
Good lord, you also get a cover to protect to protect your fire pit. And if that is still not enough, the flame is 12 to 15 inches high, depending on the settings that you want.
3. Outland Firebowl Premium Fire Pit
The one thing you will love with this fire pit. It is no-brainer to start. It comes with an auto-ignition features that makes all this possible.
It carries the CSA sticker; rest assured that all the precautionary measures and safety test have been passed to make this fire pit a good buy. With 58000 BTU, everybody gets the feeling of heat including your pets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it make loud hissing sound?
No. That is something that you want to forget when you buy this fire pit.
How long does it take to cool off?
It takes around 15 to 20 minutes
What I like
The propane tank is tucked away with a 10 foot hose cord. The fire pit also throws a good amount of heat. When you buy the fire pit, you also get a lid strap apart from the cover kit.
4. Outland Firebowl Mega Fire Pit
From the name alone, you know that this a mega fire pit. And it is ideal for that person that wants a campfire. Or it is perfect fire pit for camping expeditions.
It is super light and that makes transportation an easy job.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many people can the fire pit accommodate?
This is a mega fire pit. Accommodation will depend on the size of the chairs. If you have small chairs, I don't see the reason why you can accommodate 6 to 10 people.
What type of cover kit does it have?
The cover is made of black vinyl material.
What time does it take for the lava rocks to cool?
It takes around 20 minutes.
What I like
Produces excellent realistic flames and throws a good amount of heat. Although it doesn't have a nice place to hide the propane tank, it does a have a long tube to keep the tank away from the sitting area. With this fire pit, you get a durable weather resisting cover.
How To Choose The Best Fire Pit
Choosing any heating device from an electric fireplace to a fire pit is crucial. It can be daunting when you miss this one vital part. Missing this single part can make you buy a crappy product that doesn't meet your needs. Don't make the mistake that I made out when I was buying my first fire pit.
I just read a couple of reviews and I bought a fire pit based on the number of reviews on various eCom sites. This is huge mistakes that first time buyers make. So here are the actual factors or question that you need to ask yourself or know before making an investment to a fire pit.
What are you going to use the fire pit for? Do you want to just have the fire or you also looking to cook with it? If you want to cook while at the same time enjoy the heat, then you will need a fire pit that has a grate or BBQ grill. Not all fire pits will have this feature, so you have to shop wisely.
Second. Are you looking to place the fire pit on your patio or something that you can go with it for camping? That is where diameter, comes in. If you have a small patio, then you will need to go with a standard 20 to 25 inch fire bowl.
If you have a large fire pit, want to accommodate a large gathering or go with it camping, and then make an investment of going for fire pit that has a large diameter of about 40 to 45 inch.
Fire pit comes in different materials. We have the stone, stainless, copper or aluminum materials. When buying the fire pit, you want to invest in something that can last longer like the steel fire pit.
Other fire pits are coming out with rubbed bronze finish which can be good if you are looking for something that can blend with your decor.
Fire Pit Accessories
The chances are, you did not know that most fire pits have their accessories. If you are a sophisticated buyer, you want to have everything. You never want to buy something only to learn later that you need to have an accessory that can make your life easier.
Some of the accessories that you may want to your fire pit to have are:
- A rain cover.
- Spark screen.
- Fire pit poker.
- Grill or BBQ grill.
They are so many accessories that go with different fire pit. You just need to do more research so that you don't throw your investment to away.
Read More : Best Shop Air Compressors Reviews
Fire Pit Safety Tips
If you have a fire pit in your homestead, you need to know the safety ways of handling the fire. Fire is dangerous and there is no excuse for ignorance. Here are the safety ways to keep in mind.
Do's and Don'ts of Fire Pit
A fire pit can create a good ambiance and warmth in the evening. However, to be safe using it you must keep some do's and don'ts in mind. Like
- Observe the weather reports: You need to know the weather report for the day. If you are going to have a windy day, then you must not use the fireplace.
- The fire needs to be a safe distance: Protect your house by keeping your fire pit 10 feet away. It also needs to be away from tree, leaves and foliage to prevent fire.
- Watch the kids, pets and everybody: Everybody needs to keep a safe distance from the fire. As for children you should never leave them running around or playing with fire.
- Prepare for emergencies: You need to have a fire extinguisher nearby just in case fire starts. And you need to make sure that everybody knows how to use it.
- Put on the fire safely: Make sure that there are no coals or ashes that are glowing. You need to make sure that the place is all wet, that is if you are using water to extinguish the fire.
- Use kerosene or lighter fluid: Never use gasoline, kerosene or any fluid to light your fire. Such fuels can sprout a fire. Alternatively, you can use dry wood to start the fire.
- Never leave the fire unattended: Who knows what might happen. An accident occurs at a time when we are not aware. And you may never want that to happen.
- Put your fire pit on inflammable surface: If you have a wooden or vinyl deck, then you need to have a fire pit pad, where you can place the fire pit on. Or you can get bricks for that matter.
Do Plan Early in Advance
By planning I mean, have everything nearby. If you have a wood burning fireplace, then you need to know that the logs must be there.
The kindle and tinder have to be there. In case of emergency the fire extinguisher needs to be nearby.
If your choice is propane gas, then you need to have it. If you are going to stay for long, then you will need to have lots of propane gas?
Start the Fire Correctly
Have the right kind of woods that is dry woods. You need to stay away from softwood like cedar, pine or pressurized woods. They give out lots of sparks and embers which can cause fires. Additionally, you also want to avoid using river rocks to start building your fire, because they can explode. If you want to choose rocks go to the dry rocks, they are the safest or check this great post for your needs: best rocks for fire pit.
Avoid loose or flammable clothes (nylon), because they can catch fire quickly. Always wear something that is tight or cotton.
You need to know the local code before deciding to set up your fireplace. Certain states don't permit residence to light a fire at certain months of the year that are windy. Others may want to come and inspect your home before giving you a permit.
Disposing of Ashes
You may think that hot ashes can't start a fire, but you are wrong, they can. Before disposing of the ashes, you need to make sure that no heat is hiding inside.
Read More : Best 12V Portable Air Compressor Reviews
Which is Better - Gas Fire Pit or Wood Burning Fire Pit
You are sitting on the fence right now in a big dilemma, wondering between the two which is the best options. You are not alone; in fact you are like most fire time buyers. Okay, I will help you. I won't let you make a bad decision under my watch. At least not today. Okay, let start.
When to Have a Gas Fire Pit
When do you actually need it? If you don't live in the countryside where they are lots of wood, then consider gas fire pit. Gas fire pit is less labor intensive. They are plug and play. By that I mean all you need is to put on the gas and light the fire. It's a clean source of energy, because it doesn't produce soot or ashes of any kind.
Where Wood Burning Pit Beats Gas Fire Pit
If you are looking to have a good ambience at night, then go for gas fire. But, if all you want is a huge fire, then wood burning fire pit would be perfect for you. With gas fire pit comes gas leaks and you need be aware of any gas leakage.
Otherwise, fires can start any time. You need to cover your fire pit after use. Any moisture that gets inside the lava rocks can make the lava rock steamy and explode violently when lit.
For to enjoy your fire for an extended period you need to have like 3 propane or natural gas tank. The gas finishes up quickly.
Wood Burning Fire Pit
If you want heat and more heat like a bonfire, then consider having a wood burning fire pit. With it you will enjoy the ambience of real fire and popping of sounds crackling logs.
If you have lots of wood in your backyard, then you never have to worry about the fire going off. Because wood burning fire pit consumes less energy, if you get the right kind of wood.
Where Gas Fire Pit Beats Wood Burning Fire Pit
Looking for woods or log can be a tiresome job. You need to have plenty and lots. If you are living in the woods or countryside that would be fine. But if you stay in an urban setting, then wood burning fireplace won't be perfect for you. They also require some kind of space, perfect if you have a large home and more space in your backyard.
Starting the fire can be a nightmare if you have never done it or got used to it before. They are lots of bending which can hurt your back, if you are not a fun of squatting. The worst thing is flying ashes and soot from the wood burning fire pit. This ashes and embers can lead to fire. Fortunately, you can buy the fire pit safety screen to prevent this situation.
Finally, as long as you have a wood burning fire pit, smelling fire would be something that is second nature to you. So you have to be prepared for all this whenever you decide to have a wood burning fire pit. Now that you have known the difference, you can narrow down on the best energy you want to use at home.
Difference Between LPG, Propane and Natural Gas
What is LPG
LPG means Liquefied Petroleum Gas, which is a mixture of hydrocarbon stored in the liquid state. The gases that make up LPG are two, butane and propane. The LPG is colorless and odorless gases. They are heavier than oxygen that means they stay at the bottom of the surface during production.
LPG gases are excellent fuel because they burn well in oxygen. That is why they are used in homes for cooking, heating and in cars.
Depending on the country that you are coming from, they are some state that uses Propane only as the LPG gas. Others use Butane while others like the UK, they mix the two together. There are some differences.
What is Natural Gas
This combustible odorless gas. It is mainly composed methane. Natural gas is created in a similar way like oil. A stench agent is added to give it a unique unpleasant smell, commonly known as rotten cabbage or egg. This is done so that it can be easy to detect it. Methane is lighter than oxygen and it stays on top of the surface.
The main component of natural gas is methane. Methane usually collects itself on the upper points. When it comes to its usage at home, it has good safety record. It is used in cooking, heating and in automotive. Methane is a light gas, and it will disperse quickly in the air in case of a gas leak.
They are mainly butane and propane. They are non-toxic and non-corrosive. It is mainly stored in the gas tanks in the liquid form it is produced in two ways: Either as a by-product of petroleum or as by product of oil and gas. The LLP gas collects itself at a low point because they are heavier.
What is The Purpose of A Propane Fire Pit
Unlike regular campfires, fire pits are built to completely contain the fire, and are usually built to have most of that containment underground. Different from a wood fire pit, a propane fire pit uses gas and is more environmentally safe. The gas allows you to control the fire, and it also doesn’t bellow a lot of smoke. Your neighbors will thank you!
Fire pits not only are aesthetic, but they can be used for other things as well. You can use it like you could use a traditional campfire; heat up some marshmallows and hot dogs, tell stories around the fire, and start up conversations about how you were able to get one.
They will surely add value to your home, and it’s becoming more common for people to buy one. In fact, propane fire pits are becoming very popular these days! It even made you come visit this webpage to learn about them! All in all, if you’re looking to improve your background, forget a pool; get a propane fire pit!
5 Creative Things that You Can Do With Your Fire Pit
It is that time again, where you gather around the fire pit to relax as the night gets colder. Fire pits have been there for a long time. Your great grandfathers have used it in the evening to do a couple of things.
What makes fire pit so special, it's not the heat they give off, it’s the special atmosphere and mood that they create. They make you remember old memories and appreciate them. They make you also look at the future with great anticipation. Now they are a lot of creative things that you can do with a fire pit...
Here are some of the ways people use the fire pit apart from getting the warmth from it.
Do you remember when you a child, your grandpa used to tell you old tales and stories around the fire pit. Some stories were scary, others were good. There is that special thing that we feel when we share old stories around a fire pit. We get that special connection which is serene and makes us connect with nature.
So fire pits are a better way of keeping the long tradition of sharing old memories and stories to our kids, friends and guest.
Dance and Sing Songs
You have heard of bonfires. If you have ever been to one, you will see how people play and dance around it. It is fun. It is exciting. If you can have your family dance around the fire pit and sing songs, it can be the joyous thing to do.
Personally, we put classical songs and we dance salsa around the bonfire in December with my wife, kids and guests. It is awesome, to do such kind of activity once a year or on the New Year’s Eve as you usher in the New Year with great anticipation.
Roast Hot Dogs and Marshmallows
With a fire pit comes a great eats. You can use it to roast hot dogs and marshmallows.
It is fun and exciting, especially if you have an evening celebration like birthdays, family reunions or any other party.
Read a Book While Listening to Soothing Music
If you are a lonely fellow, you can use the fire pit to read a book or novel while you listen to music. Doing that will invite sleep on your way. As an addition, you can become creative around the fire pit and write your own book or create plans for the future. That ambience of the fire pit alone can make you creative and do lots of things that are exciting if you are alone.
Protect your Identity
Although not a fun stuff to do. But what is the best way of burying documents that confidential if they can implicate you By burning them in the fire pit. It can be any documents that you want to get rid of.
This is not the only thing that you can do with fire pit. They are ninety nine and more things that you can do to spice your evening. The 5 creative things are the cozy way my family and I like to spend our romantic evening.
How to install Fireglass in Fire Pit Table
Installing fireglass in the fire pit is a nice way of accentuating your decor. If you love interior design like me, then you will love fireglass. Fireglass will delight onlookers and become the center of conversation. Now to the real question...How do you install fireglass in firepit table. In 4 easy simple steps you could have fireglass in the firepit table.
- Step 1: Measure your fire pit from down to the top. It should measure 4 inches in length. Mark the place.
- Step 2: Take sand or gravel and put into the pit. Fill the material up to the 4-inch mark.
- Step 3: Take the glass crystals and pour into the material. Then you can spread them evenly. Or you can customize the way you want them to look. Installation is complete.
Video: Fire pit glass installation
Frequently Asked Questions about Outdoor Fire Pit Tables
What is BTU?
It is the heat output that fire pit can produce. Some produces 40,000 BTU while others can go up to 80,000 BTU.
How long does propane tank last?
A 20lb propane tank can last for 4 to 4 1/2 hours when at continuous burn for maximum output. At the same time, it can last for 8 to 9 hours at a moderate use.
What does CSA mean?
It means that the product has passed several tests, and it is perfect to be used both in the USA and Canada.
What if you smell gas fumes?
Shut off the system and extinguish any open fire around. Chances are it may be a gas leakage.
How much glass beads or lava rock do I need?
The amount depends on the diameter of the fire pit. However, if you feel that they are less, you can add more.
At the end of the day all you need is to have a nice evening. With 6 outdoor fire pit tables, I believe I have sorted you out. It is time you had a memorable evening that you can sit and relax while you enjoy your favourite wine. Having an outdoor fire pit table is a good way of decorating your patios and backyards.
It makes getting together as a family easy and even talking, because nobody can resist seeing those magic flame dance in the air. And don't forget cooking hot dogs and marshmalllows with it. Those little things are what adds happiness to the family. If you have any concern about the product that I have reviewed, leave a comment end of this page.?
The most important thing about having the best fire pit, is taking time to scouring reviews. I say these because different fire pit comes with different features. I have seen lots of buyers make the worst investment when they read only a few reviews and made their purchase.
Which results to a poor fire pit that only last for few months Fortunately, in this review I did my best to select only the best fire place. So take your time and choose what will work for you.