Best Electric Fireplace | Wall Mount | Inserts | TV Stands 2017 – Reviews and Analysis
It's time to make your home great again by having the best electric fireplace. Now, which type you should select - a wall mount electric fireplace, electric fireplace insert or an electric fireplace TV stand?
Table Of Contents
- Best Electric Fireplaces Compared
- Best Electric Fireplace Of 2017 Reviews & Analysis
- 1. Touchstone 80001 Onyx - Best Modern Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace
- 2. Duraflame DFS-550-21-BLK - Top Rated Electric Fireplace Of 2017
- 3. BCP Large 1500W With Glass - Best Freestanding Electric Fireplace
- 4. BCP SKY1826 Embedded Fireplace - Best Electric Fireplace Insert 28 Inch
- 5. Cartwright Classic Espresso - Best Electric Fireplace With TV Stand
- 6. Claremont Convertible Ivory - Best Corner Electric Fireplace
- Best Wall Mount Electric Fireplace Reviews
- 1. Touchstone 80004 - Sideline Built In Recessed Electric Fireplace
- 2. BCP 1500W Heat With Glass XL - Wall Mount Electric Fireplace
- 3. Giantex 35" Xl 1500w With Remote - Adjustable Electric Wall Hanging Fireplace
- 4. Fire Sense Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace - Black
- 5. Moda Flame Houston Wall Mounted - Best 50 Inch Electric Fireplace
- 6. MFE5035C Chelsea 35" Curved Black Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace
- 7. Gibson Living Liberty - 50 Inch Electric Wall Mounted Fireplace
- Best Electric Fireplace Insert Reviews In Details
- 1. BCP Sky 1826 - Top Rated Electric Fireplace Insert
- 2. AKDY 28 Inch Black - Electric Fireplace / Firebox
- 3. ClassicFlame 36EB110-GRT - Electric Fireplace Insert With Log
- 4. AKDY 28 Inch Freestanding - Most Realistic Electric Fireplace Inserts
- 5. Dimplex DFI2309 - Most Popular Electric Fireplace Insert
- 6. ClassicFlame 33 Inch - Infrared Quartz Fireplace Insert
- 7. Duraflame Electric Log Set Heater with Realistic Ember Bed
- 8. Cofort Glow Electric Log Set With Heater - Top Rated Electric Fireplace
- Best Electric Fireplace TV Stand Reviews
- 1. Walker Edison W58FP18ES - Fireplace With TV Stand
- 2. Real Flame 7720E Calie - Media Electric Fireplace
- 3. Altra Furniture Carson - 70 Inch Electric Fireplace TV Console
- 4. Claremont Convertible - Corner Electric Fireplace TV Stand
- 5. Muskoka Dwyer Burnished Pecan - 57" TV Stand with Electric Fireplace
- 6. Walker Edison W58FP18BL - Electric Fireplace With TV Cabinet
- 7. Walker Edison W48FPCRBW - 48 inch Corner Electric Fireplace TV Stand
- 8. Real Flame Hawthorne - Electric Fireplace TV Stand
- Electric Fireplace Buying Guide
- How To Choose The Best Electric Fireplace
- Safety Concern of an Electric Fireplace
- Advantages of An Electric Fireplace
- Electric Fireplace Insert - Types Explained
- Features of Electric Fireplace Insert
- Frequently Asked Questions on Electric Fireplace Insert
- Frequently Asked Questions's of Electric Fireplace
- Final Verdict
This is the longest guide you will ever read about selecting every kind of electric fireplace. I have gone through a lot in this guide to answer every conceivable question about this.
Best Electric Fireplaces Compared
50.4 x 5.5 x 21.6
21 x 10.8 x 22.8
35 x 6 x 22
50.4 x 5.8 x 21.4
35 x 6 x 22
35 X 6 X 22
31 x 26.2 x 14.5
25.5 x 21 x 13
16 x 58 x 25
52.5 x 6.75 x 13.375
I got the best and worst feedback about each product I review. Some customers even inspired me to include other sections in this review so that you could have an easier time buying the best unit that you want.
Best Electric Fireplace Of 2017 Reviews & Analysis
1. Touchstone 80001 Onyx - Best Modern Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace
The Touchstone 80001 Onyx adds a nice ambiance and warms your room to the required temperature. Once it is in your house, it will be the center of beauty and glamour. It will leave your kids and pets mesmerized the whole evening.
- The touchstone electric fireplace features: a wall mount, a dry wall and wood screws.
- The black touchstone electric fireplace will blend with your decor, thereby adding a touch of elegance and modernity to your living space.
- Two heat options enable you to control the amount of heat you want to warm the room.
- Easy installation. When you buy the touchstone electric fireplace you get a step by step manual that tells you how to unpack it and install the whole unit.
What I love about it
- Heater: Its heater gives kicks on lots amount of heat that will warm your room.
- Auto shut off timer: It makes it easy for you to control the time you want the heater and flame to go on before it shuts off by itself.
- Heat and flame independently: They work separately. You can have heat and flame, or flame only.
- Safety: Its LED bulbs and glass is to cool touch, that means your kids and pets are safe.
- Customer service: The excellent service this company deserves a mention. If you have any concern and question this company will get to you as soon as possible.
Its vent sends the heat upwards. It should be sideways.
2. Duraflame DFS-550-21-BLK - Top Rated Electric Fireplace Of 2017
The Duraflame electric stove gives you the freedom and luxury of having a portable unit that you can move it to any side of the room. Without going through the tedious act of installing a free standing fireplace. This electric electric stove has an instant ambiance with its beautiful antique design and flickering flames.
- Produces 4,600 BTU of heat that is enough to warm a 400 square foot room.
- Features realistic flame effects and glowing embers and logs.
- Automatic shut off that ensures the heater shuts off when the required temperature is reached.
- Safe to touch. The glass front of the whole unit is cool, that means your kids or pet will never get burned when they touch it.
What I love about it
- Two control knobs: One knob controls the brightness of the flickering flames. The other knob controls the temperature setting-low and high.
- Thermostat: The thermostat shuts off automatically the heater when the desired temperature is reached.
- Portable unit: Since it is easy to move around, all you need is put it in the room that you want.
It doesn't come with a remote control; every button is on the unit. Its heater is on the bottom while the blower produces some noises.
3. BCP Large 1500W With Glass - Best Freestanding Electric Fireplace
Embrace yourself for a two in one fireplace that has an elegant glass front. The good thing about this Best Choice Products Large 1500W fireplace is that it is large and beautiful. It has realistic flames that will add a great atmosphere to your room.
If you want to give your space a warm feeling, then owning this fireplace will be the best choice you will ever make.
- This big electric fireplace that 35 inches long, 6 inches wide and 22 inches tall.
- Conserves energy and it is environmentally friendly because it does not emit emission.
- 2 in 1 fireplace: It features wall-mounted and free standing tempered glass panel heater.
- Features 3D flame technology that you can control it using your remote control.
What I love about it
- Dual heating setting: It has two settings that are 750w for low setting and 1500w for high setting. This gives you the freedom to choose the heating requirement you want on a cool winter evening.
- Heat: It warms your living space even on low setting. So you will never have to worry about consuming too much energy on your electric bills.
The fan is a little bit noisy. I wish the manufacturer of this fireplace could have created a thermostat to regulate the amount of heat output.
4. BCP SKY1826 Embedded Fireplace - Best Electric Fireplace Insert 28 Inch
If you are looking for a way to accentuate your living space with a modern look electric insert, then look no further. Best Choice Products SKY 1826 insert heats perfectly therefore producing realistic flames that are soothing to the eye. Bottom line: This is the kind of fireplace that is designed to take the chill out the room. In short, cold will be a thing of the past in those winter months.
- Certified by CSA
- Comes with a remote control to that make it easy to control the whole insert.
- Quick and fast installation.
- Features a grate, logs and fire
What I love about it
- Durability: The frame and front of the insert use a high quality glass that is durable.
- Flame: It features an adjustable flame setting for the different brightness. It also has a crackling sound. You also have the options to operate the flame with or without heat.
The fan blows, but the fortunate thing is that you can hear the noise from a small distance. It is not that distracting.
5. Cartwright Classic Espresso - Best Electric Fireplace With TV Stand
It comes with realistic flickering dancing flames and glowing embers enhanced with long life LED lights. The dark ebony finish will give a stylish look in your living space. It will make the electric fireplace something to be desired and talked about by your guests. Not only will your kids love it, but your pets will enjoy sleeping around it just to get a little warmth.
- You will need to assembly the whole unit
- Comes with a safe regulating heater that turns off once the desired temperature is met.
- Safe for kids and pets, thanks to the child safety lock and cool to touch glass.
- Features a multi-color flame and burning logs with glowing embers.
What I love about it
- 100% energy efficient: You will save lots of energy bills with fireplace. It uses the same amount of energy that a regular coffee marker uses.
- Thermostat: Its thermostat is adjustable providing you the option of using it with or without heat.
- Quick and easy installation: All you need is a screwdriver.
- Multiple temperatures: This feature will enable you to adjust it from 62 to 82 F giving you the comfort options that you crave.
- The functional remote control: The simple push of a button makes it easy for you to adjust the brightness of the flame. And also the brightness of the logs.
It does not produce neither a crackling or pop sound.
6. Claremont Convertible Ivory - Best Corner Electric Fireplace
You will enjoy the Mahogany rich color that comes with this Claremont Convertible fireplace. It has 2 more colors : White and Cherry. The whole unit comes with 3 separate boxes, each containing different parts to be put together.
With this fireplace comes the realistic looking flame with shades of yellow color.
- The firebox is 23 inches wide and 20 inches tall
- Weighs 85 pounds and can support a 50 inch flat screen tv
- Heat output: 1500w/5000btus, 120v-60hz. This is the same amount of energy that used by electric coffee maker.
- Easy to control and adjustable thermostat, that safely regulates the heater.
What I love about it
- Flame: Its flame has 5 different settings. The logs also have 5 different settings, which will make you enhance its glow.
- Remote control: It makes it easy for your adjust the flame setting, flame height and heat to the intensity that you want.
- Side shelves: You also get the side shelves that you can use to keep all your electronic devices.
The grid above the glass gets hot, which can burn a kid or your pet. But the glass front is cool to touch.
Best Wall Mount Electric Fireplace Reviews
You may have a nice decor, but if you get yourself a wall mount electric fireplace, you give your house the best of both worlds.
With this, we are talking of having a cozy warm appeal every single evening. That nice addition alone will make you transform your living space to something.
All you need is to learn about them and choose the unit that suits you.
1. Touchstone 80004 - Sideline Built In Recessed Electric Fireplace
Want to give your house a contemporary nice look? Get yourself of the Touchstone 80004 fireplace. It features a 50 inch wide glass panel and takes on 1500 watts of electricity. Which is warm enough to keep everybody in a 400 square foot room warm. Comes with an array of features that gives you easy time to operate.
Dual heat modes
It comes with two heating modes, making it easier for you to operate the unit with or without heat in any season of the year.
Faux fire log and glass crystal included
Looking at the faux fire log, you get a feeling of genuine fireplace. That authentic look is something that will amaze everyone that visits your home.
5 Flame Settings
The flame options give you power to choose the ambience and serenity you want your evening to have. You can opt for a soft ember glow to a strong blaze of dancing flame without being hot.
There are two ways you can install it. You can mount it or recess it onto the wall. It takes time to do all this, but it is one time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the dimensions of the unit?
A. Here are the details Manufacturer: Touchstone Home Products Item model number: 80004 Product Dimensions: 50.4 x 5.8 x 21.4 inches Shipping Weight: 58.2 pounds
Q. How long is the electric cord?
A. It is 6-foot long.
Q. Which kind of remote does it have IR or RF?
A. It has an IR remote control
What I Like
The faux fire log gives your home a crisp, relaxing vibes that will transform your evenings into something cozy and warm.
What I Hate
I wish the flame were more brighter.
2. BCP 1500W Heat With Glass XL - Wall Mount Electric Fireplace
Appearance alone kills it. That is possible because of the large glass that comes with this Best Choice Products 1500 watt fireplace. The look of it alone, will tell people about your house. Not only will it make your space have a royal appeal, but it will be a focal point of everything. Everyone will tell talk about it, i promise. At least that happened with me when I install in my drawing room.
Tempered glass XL panel
Composed of tampered glass panel that brings out a stunning 3D view of the flames. That perfect if you want to make your small room look bigger than it looks.
The black ebony finish will enhance the look of your decor
The black sophisticated finish will give your visitors the impression of class and elegant, the moment they step into your house.
3D Flame technology
This nice addition to the flame will change your viewing habits. You will feel like, you have real spectacular flames in your space.
Handy remote control
A handy remote control makes you manage the flame display and heat settings at touch of a button. No need to move around, just soak yourself in the warmth and enjoy it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where is the position of the heater?
A. It is on top of the unit.
Q. How long does it take to mount it on the wall?
A. 10 minutes or less
What I Like
If you love colors, you know that you can't go wrong with the black. The black sophisticated finish, will transform any house into a beautiful family abode. The unit is cool and real warms up quick.
What I Hate
Looking at the specification, the fireplace takes an extra 1500w, that means you will need a dedicated outlet for it alone. You may need an electrician to help you out.
3. Giantex 35" Xl 1500w With Remote - Adjustable Electric Wall Hanging Fireplace
You look at the Giantex 35'' fireplace and what rings in your mind, its the array of features. That make the unit worth every penny that you are 'gonna' shell out. The fact that it takes 1500w that means, it throws a fair amount of heat that warms the place. The Giantex fireplace offers its customer both of those world. That means you get something that will decorate your space and at the same time give you comfort.
Thick tampered glass panel
That alone, will keep you all night glue to the 3D flames. It takes your viewing experience to the next level. The glass is 35'' length, 22'' height and 6'' thick, almost the size of an average television.
Chimneys soot and ashes won't be your thing, when you have this unit. You don't need a wood burning fireplace, when you have this unit.
3D dancing flame technology
The 3D flame flame technology makes your home a haven that you will enjoy extending your evening as you do the little things that matters in your life.
Automatic shut-off system to prevent overheating, keeping your, your family and your visitors safe and happy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How much does it weigh?
Q. Does it have controls? Where are they located?
A. The manual controls are located on top
Q. Do you get a timer with this unit?
A. No. All you have is the automatic shut-off that prevents the heater from overheating.
What I Like
Its well packed and protected so that you don't get damaged items inside it. It comes with different flame adjustments from dim to brighter that makes it possible for you to create the evening atmosphere that you want.
What I Hate
One thing is missing here: It doesn't have a timer. You have to get up and switch it off, before you go to sleep. There is a whirring noise from the background, especially when I turn it on and off.
4. Fire Sense Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace - Black
Every time you spend in the evening can be memorable. Especially, if you have the right atmosphere at home. The good news: With the fire sense black wall mounted electric fireplace that dream can come true. It has the ability to transform your living space into something cozy and inviting. The 1400-watt heater is capable of sending lots of heat to warm your entire room. That means cold days are over.
Thick long cord
A 6-foot cord is included in this unit, you cut back on the need of an extension cord for now.
Fine metal construction that is sturdy and durable.
It shuts of itself, when you put a timer to it. That means you enjoy the soft glow of the flame as you sleep, without it running the whole night.
Tempered glass font
You get astonishing views of the real life flames
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the screen dimensions?
A. 22 1/2" wide and 11 1/2" high
Q. Do I need to buy a deflector with this unit?
A. Yes, because the top of the screen gets hot.
What I Like
Unmatched customer services. We've all been there, you try to contact a company because of a concern you have. And you get a reply after 3 days. Well, fire sense customer service system appreciate the value they contribute to the customer. Have any concern, they get you within a 60 second or less...and you get a solution within the shortest period of time.
What I Hate
The blower is noisy. The fireplace has no crackling sound.
5. Moda Flame Houston Wall Mounted - Best 50 Inch Electric Fireplace
You don't just get to enjoy the glow, you get better effect with stunning views. Something that will keep your evening romantic and worthy spending. That is what happens when you buy the Moda flame. It is a great buy, but the one thing that they could have changed is the position of the blower. Though you may like the blower position but I just don't. Everyone have their own choice.
Wall mounting hardware
You get the screws and hooks so that you never have a rough time mounting the unit onto the wall. Comes with a clear instruction for drywall installation with or without stud.
It will cost you pennies and to enjoy the flame effect. It consumes 2.5w per hour.
You have the high, low and no heat. You can conserve the power the way you want and still enjoy the heat when you feel like.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I put this fireplace in my recessed wall?
A. This is a wall-mount electric fireplace. Its heater is at the top. If you need a recessed fireplace, you may buy a Moda Flame Cynergy fireplace.
Q. Does it come with removable logs?
A. Yes, you can replace them and put stones, pebbles or glass.
What I Like
It has a master on and off switch, that you can use it anytime, you remote control wears.
What I Hate
The position is the blower isn't great. It is positioned on top, that means heat escapes upwards. If you have anything top close to it, you may need to buy a deflector to put between.
6. MFE5035C Chelsea 35" Curved Black Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace
The promise of having a romantic evening feel has never been great when you incorporate this fireplace in your home. The unit has a nice looking face and it is well-built to perfection. The black glass font gives it a nice touch to enhance the appearance of your decor. your space will look large and royal. And the last but not in the list it's design. Yes, a unique curved design makes it special.
Comes with a powerful heater that throws lots of heat in your space to make any 400 square foot room warm.
Weighs about 26.5 pounds that means that even your teenager can carry and install it with easy.
3 Heat Settings
The high, the low and no heat. All this settings gives you the convenience of operating the unit throughout the year the way you want it.
Comes with a large powerful cord. The cord has a cable cover to prevent it from wear and tear.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many kilowatts does it take in each the dual heat settings?
A. 2560 BTU (low) - 750 Watts; 5200 BTU (high) - 1500 Watts.
Q. Can I use it with a surge protector?
A. Yes, but don't overload the electric lines.
What I Like
When the unit arrived, it was well-packaged and had lots of Styrofoam that protected its edges so that you don't get defective unit.
What I Hate
Its blower is on top. I wish it was under. The fireplace also produces little noise.
7. Gibson Living Liberty - 50 Inch Electric Wall Mounted Fireplace
Want to send a statement to every person that gets in your home? Then, here is the fireplace that has super vivid flame and black modern frame. This will give your house a stunning looks that makes it a wonderful abode for your family.
10 foot cord
The cord is thick and long. You don't need an extension cord for it. It is nicely grounded in a 3 prong plug to prevent from wear and tear.
An automatic timer
An automatic shut off timer that gives you the freedom to never worry about the heater overheating. And the ability for it shut itself, the moment you decide to go to bed.
The blower is on top, if you placing your TV on top; you will need a minimum of 36'' clearance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does it come with a crackling sound effect?
Q. Does the unit have any certification?
A. Yes. It meets the UL and CSA standard.
Q. Does it have a thermostat?
A. No. It has 5 flame settings and an automatic shut-off.
What I Like
The cord and manual controls are on the right hand side that makes it easy for you to install it.
What I Hate
This unit weighs 50.7 pounds. If that weight is heavy for you, you may need a second hand to fix it.
Best Electric Fireplace Insert Reviews In Details
Do you enjoy family time sitting around a fireplace in the evening? Then you will enjoy reading this review. I have put up the best electric fireplace insert together. I gone into lots of details in the review.
Created this electric fireplace insert reviews with the buyer in mind. By that I mean, all the information that you read here is unbiased.
1. BCP Sky 1826 - Top Rated Electric Fireplace Insert
Imagine if you had this fireplace electric insert? With this unit you will have a soft glow and realistic fire flame. Something that is soothing to the eye and it will make you feel relaxed in the evening. The whole unit will provide you with a crackling sound that resembles the real wood burning fireplace.
- The whole unit is CSA certified.
- Comes with a handy remote control.
- Little assembling is required.
What I love about it
- Heat: It gives out a decent amount of heat to warm the whole room.
- Assembling time: It requires no assembling; all you need is to insert the whole unit inside.
- Remote control: Relax and enjoy the ambience as you will be able to control the whole unit at the comfort of your sofa.
- Two heat setting: The unit comes with two settings that is 750 watt/25598 BTU and 1500 watt/5118 BTU.
- Frame and front: The flame uses high quality glass and steel material giving a sense of durability and stability.
When you get this fire pit its log and remote will look a little bit different. It is not what you see in the picture as advertised.
2. AKDY 28 Inch Black - Electric Fireplace / Firebox
With this firebox you will be able to convert your existing gas or wood burning fireplace to a sturdy electric fireplace.
That will make the whole family have a romantic evening each time you gather together.
When you own this unit, you will enjoy the experience of having a real fire flame without messing around with wood burning ashes and soot. You will have a breeze put this unit in your living space, because it requires little to no innovations. Everything is set up for you so that you can have an easier time installing the whole unit.
- It features a black firebox electric insert
- On and off remote control
- No innovation need. Just plug anywhere and you have your fireplace.
- The electrical requirement is 120 volts.
What I love about it
- Remote control: At the press of a button, you are able to adjust the flame settings, the colors and even height without moving out of your couch.
- Fast shipping: FedEx ships this product across the US, bottom line: You are guaranteed first delivery.
- Thermostat: It is included to control the temperature so that it doesn't go beyond
You don't hear the crackling of the flame.
3. ClassicFlame 36EB110-GRT - Electric Fireplace Insert With Log
Have you ever wanted contemporary fireplace to compliment your decor? Then this is the unit to own. It has a nice flickering, and its logs have a nice amber-like glow that will leave you mesmerized and delighted just watching the whole thing.
You will never feel bored in your home when you are catching up with latest season or tv shows. Its warmth alone will make visitors crave and admire your living space.
- Heats up to 400 square foot area producing 4400 BTU. That is enough heat for the whole house.
- Features a log set, remote control, glowing ember beds
- It is a 36 inch fireplace insert
What I love about it
- Energy efficiency: The whole unit saves energy, with it you will only heat the room that you want.
- 5 different flame settings: You are given a choice to choose the kind of flame effect that you want.
- Wall mounted thermostat: A thermostat gives you the option to decide on the temperature of your room. When the required temperature is reached, the heater shuts off.
The few customers that have bought this fireplace have complained about the less heat. It doesn't produce enough heat to warm up the whole place unless you are standing on it. On the bright side, the look on the whole unit looks fine and has a lot of glass for viewing.
4. AKDY 28 Inch Freestanding - Most Realistic Electric Fireplace Inserts
An amazing fireplace that will leave the whole family enjoying the conversation in the cool nights and summer. The LCD display of the whole unit works fine as advertised. The flame and heater of this unit add a great cozy of feeling of a real fireplace. The beautiful thing about this unit is that it gives off instant heat and ambience.
- Features, flat panel glass, remote control and Black Firebox Fireplace Insert.
- Any location will be perfect for this fireplace. You can place it your bedroom, patio and living room.
- No assembling required.
- Comes with a functional remote control
What I love about it
- LED light: They create a realistic looking flame, giving you the power to control its effect the way you want it.
- Heat output: It has 6 heating level ranging from 71 up to 99. This gives you the option to choose the desired temperature that you want. Additionally, they are enough to warm any room that you choose to put the fireplace.
- Logs: The logs work fine and are complete with the look of glowing, burning wood
The remote control. The remote is looks cheap.
5. Dimplex DFI2309 - Most Popular Electric Fireplace Insert
The Dimplex fireplace insert produces glowing fire flames with realistic effects. The Dimplex Company is the leading producer of fireplace in the Northern American.
The company has put a lot of effort into innovating interesting products. The Dimplex DF12309 electric fireplace happens to be one of them.
It is a product that is perfectly designed for the whole family. You will enjoy having this fireplace in your living room.
- This fireplace is easy to install; all you need is to insert into a hearth or an outlet.
- Comes with a fan forced heater.
- Includes a remote control
What I love about it
- Silent fan-forced heater: Produces enough heat and it doesn't make lots of noises. It can produce approximately 4692 BTU's of heat.
- Flame and heat: They work independently. You can have flame only or flame and heat together.
- 100% energy efficient: Unlike other fireplace that will tell you that they are 80% energy efficient. The Dimplex electric fireplace is 100% energy efficient. All the energy that is received is converted to heat that stays in the room.
- Full Electrical Certification: The fireplace has certification to be used in area and no combustible energy are used to produce the flame.
- Heater: To control the heater, you get low and high settings on your remote control.
When the products come, it usually smells Styrofoam.
6. ClassicFlame 33 Inch - Infrared Quartz Fireplace Insert
This fireplace includes infrared heater that less risk and doesn't cause any health problems. You are guaranteed 100% comfort and relaxation the moment this fireplace gets into your home. It is a contemporary fireplace that’s designed to give your home a modern stylish look.
The glowing embers and flame effect will enhance your room with good ambience and mood settings. It is one of those fireplaces that turn boring night into something so special for your family and guests.
- Heats up to 1000 square feet area and produces 52,000 BTU.
- Provides you with 125 selected flame options. Meaning you will never get bored when watching the dancing flame flicker
- Comes a thermostat for your heater.
- The fireplace features:5 flame speeds ,5 flame colors, timer,back lighting and infrared quartz heating
What I love about it
- Safe plug switch: Comes with a switch which monitors the temperature. In case there is a rise in temperature, the plug will automatically shut down.
- The built-in thermostat: Works together with the safe plug switch to control and regulate the temperature of the plug.
- Heat ability: The fireplace kicks out some good amount of heat. You will enjoy the amazing colors of the flame.
The unit could be a little bit bigger
The antique bronze finish will make it look expensive in the eyes of your guests. It is the perfect fireplace that would give your house the royal feel that it deserves. This a portable unit that comes already assembled. All you need is to unpack it and use it.
This is a safe place because it features safe to touch glass. That means you never have to worry about the protection of your kids and pets. The zone heating fireplace will save lots of energy because you won't have to heat every place.
- Produces 4,600 BTU that is enough to heat a 400 square feet place.
- 100 energy efficient fireplace. That means you will save lots of electrically bills. All the energy that gets into the set is converted into heat and it will only warm the room that you want.
- Flame and heat work independently. You can use flames alone without heat. Or both heat and flame.
What I love about it
- A multi-functioning control: This gives you the ability to control the logs, embers and flame effect at the comfort of your couch without moving.
- The flames: They are nice designed to provide a visual effect delight of a real fire. You also get two fire effects: rippling flames and glowing logs
The products are a little bit overpriced, but i believe you can get the same fireplace at a lower much price with the same features. Overall it works fine.
8. Cofort Glow Electric Log Set With Heater - Top Rated Electric Fireplace
Sitting in front of a cozy fire in the evening is something restorative and pleasurable. That is the feeling you get with cofort glow electric log set.
The comfort glow electric log set features 3 styling options that you can choose from.
Its fire flame effects features a rotating rod with shiny metal fins. The LED light it has is reflected with these shiny metal fins. Creating an excellent ambience for you in the evening. The size of this log set is 22-1/2" long, 14" high and 9" deep. This perfect size for a small room that doesn't need much heat.
- Features a remote control, glowing embers, flames and heat.
- Produces 5000 BTU of heat, enough to warm a small room.
- Energy efficient LED light is included in this set.
What I love about it
- Thermostat: Thermostat enables you to have total control of the heat and temperature of your house. When the desired temperature is reached, the whole set shuts off.
The blower produces some noises. If there fireplace produced a crackling sound, the blower noise would be compensated.
Best Electric Fireplace TV Stand Reviews
Looking for an best electric fireplace TV stand ? Save yourself the time of scouring the internet by reading this intense guide that has everything you need about selecting an electric fireplace TV stand plus the best product to buy.
1. Walker Edison W58FP18ES - Fireplace With TV Stand
The Walker Edison Fireplace stand will give your room a cozy feeling. It will warm your room extremely well. It is easy to assemble. All that is required is to plug into an outlet and there you are!! Have an ambience that will make you enjoy the whole evening as you meditate or sip your favorite wine.
- The Walker Edison can accommodate a Television set that is 60 inches.
- Comes with adjustable shelving.
- A Stylish textured rich finish that is smooth and beautiful to touch.
What I love about it
- Adjustable shelving: Offers ample storage spaces your electronic devices and components.
- The flames: The flames look elegant and beautiful. It throws enough heat that can warm a 300 square foot room. The flame can work with or without heat.
- Installation: You don't need a technician to put the whole unit together. All you need is to plug the whole unit into an electric fireplace and voila! You have a beautiful realistic flame.
By reading the descriptions, you will notice its wood is high quality. But when you get the product, it is not veneered. Or it is a cheaper veneered that will crack in the next moment.
2. Real Flame 7720E Calie - Media Electric Fireplace
This is a beautiful fireplace with attractive embers that will leave everyone mesmerized including your pets. It throws off a nice amount of heat that will leave everyone happy and warm during the whole evening.
The firebox is available in two colors: Dark espresso and dark walnut. These two colors will compliment with your decor thereby making your interiors look royal and Victorian. If you want to receive lots of praise from your friends then all you need is this fireplace.
- Features: a mantel fit for fireplace, firebox with screen kit, remote, programmable thermostat, time function, brightness and setting.
- The items are shipped in different packages.
- Ignites 4,700 BTUs per hour and needs around 1400 watts
- Requires very little assembling. In short a no-brainer.
What I love about it
- 3 Separate Boxes: On arrival, you get two boxes containing entertainment center pieces and firebox unit. All these units will need assembling for them to fit well into your room.
- Ember effect: You will enjoy the ember effect that comes with this fireplace. The ember effects create a slow brightening and dimming effect like a real fire flame.
- Dual Side cabinets: You get ample storage spaces to keep your DVDs, nic-nacs, books and other objects
- Handy remote control: It makes it possible for you to control the whole unit at the comfort of your couch without moving an inch. It has various setting such as flame setting, temperature setting and brightness setting.
- Well-packaged: It is wrapped in foam and other protective materials so that the item arrives without damage. The wrapping also prevents scratching.
The firebox unit is a little bit small.
3. Altra Furniture Carson - 70 Inch Electric Fireplace TV Console
Are you always amazed with flickering LED lights display? Then you will enjoy the Altra furniture Carson fireplace TV console. It gives off nice ambience with or without heat. It is an all-round year fireplace that you can use.
And so before you forget, it uses less energy in your home. The 2-toned cherry, black finish gives you a TV stand a contemporary modern style that will compliment your decors
One more thing. When you get the product, don't assemble it on your hardwood floor, instead put a towel or blanket underneath.
- Can accommodate all types of TV panel. To be specific it can support a TV that weighs around 135 pounds.
- Comes with LED lights with 50,000 hours of light.
- Features 2 large cabinets and open shelving that you can use to organize your gaming consoles, TV, books and magazines.
- With it you will enjoy the ambience of flame with or without heat.
What I love about it
- Height of the stand: The stand is 21 inches tall and 48 inches wide that will add a nice look to your living room. If you have a toddler that is aggressive, they won't be able to reach the Tv.
- Protective packaging: The whole item come in one box. That is well-packaged with Styrofoam and corner braces. So that you don't get any damages during shipping.
- Solid construction: It's well-constructed and durable. That means you won't have trouble with your investment.
It is more time consuming to put the whole unit together. The audio stand weighs around 98 pounds that means you will need two people to put the whole unit together.
4. Claremont Convertible - Corner Electric Fireplace TV Stand
The color of mahogany alone will make your room look stylish and royal. It will add a nice warm touch to your living space, dining room and bedroom.
Having this fireplace around will send a romantic ambience to your family and guest during the night.
- It features: 1 media shelf, 2 triangular side cabinet and 4 adjustable side shelves total.
- Has a temperature rate of 62 to 82 degrees. This is perfect to heat a 400 square feet area or room.
- Can accommodate a flat tv panel of up to 85 pounds.
What I love about it
- Triangular Media Cabinets: Offers you a chance to organize all your electronic equipment and devices in one place.
- Multicolored flickering flames: You will enjoy the dancing flickering flames and glowing embers that will give your interior a brick design.
- Safety features: Comes with lots of safety features which mean that your kids and pet are secured. It has automatic shuts off and self-regulating heater that turns off when the desired temperature is reached. You may consider this piece as one of the best electric fireplaces in the market.
The whole unit comes packaged with Styrofoam, which is difficult to remove. For easier cleaning, you will need to have a vacuum cleaner nearby. The pre-drilled holes that come with these units are small. You will either need a professional builder or you will need to drill holes by yourself.
5. Muskoka Dwyer Burnished Pecan - 57" TV Stand with Electric Fireplace
The Dwyer Tv stand features a simple design that is combo tvs stand and faux fireplace. You will be thrilled with this fireplace because it has backlighting in the fireplace that can be used in during the night.
This is a traditional style of media console that comes designed with an espresso, rich finish which gives your room a good look.
You will feel the breeze of saving your utility bill while you enjoy romantic ambience each single evening.
- Burnish pecan finish.
- Central shelves for keeping and organizing all your electronic equipment and device in one place.
- The electric fireplace is insert is 25 inches curved
- Contemporary traditional style media console
What I love about it
- Fan-forced heater: If you really want heat and more heat to warm your surroundings. Then what you need is an electric fireplace that comes with a fan-forced heater, because it throws up a good amount of heat.
- A functioning remote control: Comes with heating and flame setting for you to adjust the ambience that you want in your room. With a touch of a button, you could be playing with different flame brightness.
- Panoramic view: The electric fireplace features a unique curved firebox that offers the best viewing height that can leave your cat obsessed looking at the flames alone.
All the instructions are explained in diagram format. I wish they were accompanied with written instruction. This would make installation a no-brainer. The electric fireplace produces some squeaks and grinds.
6. Walker Edison W58FP18BL - Electric Fireplace With TV Cabinet
The Walker Edison fireplace is a fire that adds a little something to the room. It gives you the feeling of enjoying your night life at home. With a good fireplace like this, you can kiss goodbye to hotels and restaurant.
Because you can make your night great with a good movie while you enjoy the cozy and comfort of an electric fireplace.
The heater ignites 44,000 BTUS that can heat a 400 square foot room.
- Its shelves are adjustable. Perfect if you have all sorts of electronic devices. It doesn't matter if you are gaming pundit or just want to use it to make it your own library.
- Can hold a Tv that is 60 inches and weighs up to 250lb.
- Features an electric fireplace insert.
- Well-designed to give it a rich textured finish that makes it look stunning and elegant.
What I love about it
- Well-sturdy construction: Features a high-grade MPS and a durable laminate. The look and feel of the wood gives it a premium finish of a high-end flame.
- Protective casing and packaging: Extra board is put at the end of the box to protect every corner of the fireplace unit. So that you get zero damages during delivery.
- Easy to put: You will only need 3 hours to put this entire unit together, but with a second person.
- Bright orange flickering: You will be amazed by the realistic look of the dancing flickering orange flames.
No remote control. That means you will get be getting up on your couch to adjust the heat and flames.
7. Walker Edison W48FPCRBW - 48 inch Corner Electric Fireplace TV Stand
If you are short on budget and want something that can look nice in your room. While at the same time throwing off a good amount of heat, then all you need is a corner fireplace TV stand.
It is well-constructed to give it a stylish wood finish that is durable.
- Features an electric fireplace insert that gives the whole unit a contemporary traditional style look. That will make your decor elegant and stylish.
- A solid robust design that supports up a TV that weighs 250lbs.
- Save lots of space this design. Suitable if you have a small room with little space such as a bedroom. Or a small apartment.
- Features safety glass front panels. That is cool to touch for kids and pets.
What I love about it
- The heating capacity: By no doubts, this electric fireplace throws up a good amount of heat that will warm the whole room.
No remote control. You have to get up and press button to control and adjust the heat and flame. The other things is that the unit that doesn't come with a thermostat. That means there is not automatic temperature control.
8. Real Flame Hawthorne - Electric Fireplace TV Stand
If you are looking for that something that will look elegant and stunning in your room, Then the addition of burnished oak finish will impress you. The design alone will give your room a nice look and feeling that will upgrade the whole place to another level.
You will also love the nice visual aspect that comes with these electric fireplaces that gives your room a nice viewing height. The dimension of the unit is 12 inches wide and 15 inch high.
- The burnish oak finish that inspires elegance and beauty giving your house a royal touch.
- Throws off 4780 BTUs of heat at 1400 Watt.
- Dazzling LED lights that are truly mesmerizing.
- Solid sturdy construction that is durable and long lasting.
What I love about it
- Muli-Storage and Display: Comes with 6 storage shelves to organize your electronic devices and equipment. It also has 2 removable shelves located on the sideways.
- Excellent customer service: The excellent customer service alone will make you buy from this company again. If you have any concern, they will get to you as fast they can. They won't leave you hanging with days of unanswered emails.
The blower of this unit has only one setting which is low. That means you have to get close to the fireplace for you to enjoy the warmth.
Electric Fireplace Buying Guide
Quick Tips to Buying Fireplace With TV Stand
It may be the best investment that you could ever make. But with so many choices in the market. The buying process can be overwhelming and confusing. You may end up buying the wrong product that is shitty and less durable. These quick tips will ease the buying process.
I have reviewed complete units in this article, if you need the electric insert only, you may check another great reviews of electric fireplace published in our site.
Where to place it
You need to know where you would keep the electric fireplace tv stand. They are two different types of electric fireplace, the corner and flat wall electric fireplace Tv stand.
So the question is Do you need to place it in the corner or you want something that is flat.
You have to know your budget. How much are you going to spend on an electric fireplace? There are some electric fireplaces that are highly priced. But have weak features and designs.
The thing to look for when shopping for a highly expensive product is the features and the design it has.
How much space do you have in your room? If you live in a small room, you will need a small unit. Some electric fireplace stand will take more space and they are perfect for large rooms.
It is not about your Tv sitting on the stand and you enjoying the flickering flames? It is about comfort and more luxury that comes in the way. For the ultimate experience, consider some added features that come with it. Such as the remote control, the thermostat, safety features, cabinet, shelves, LED lights. The list is endless.
What keep people away from buying an electric fireplace is the energy bills. Bottom line: You want an electric fireplace that saves your utility bills throughout the year.
Usefulness of Electric Fireplace Tv Stand
- An electric fireplace has lots of benefits to homeowners. Apart from the cozy appearance of your room. You also enjoy the warmth and ambience that comes with it.
- It is a no-brainer to set up. All you need is to plug it into a standard outlet.
- It also has little to zero maintenance. The only maintenance problem that you will ever incur is replacing the bulbs. Which is, according to some expert, will take two to three years.
- The electric fireplace emits a good amount of heat. Thanks to the integrated fan-forced heater that evenly distributes heat in the room.
Does Electric Fireplace TV Stand and Media Center Worth the Money
That is the question that most first buyers ask. According to me, it is both yes and no. Yes, if you cherish the illusion of seeing dancing flickering flames every night. Having one will also give your room an elegant rich appearance. Just imagine your Tv standing on a mahogany finish cabinet. It makes the whole place a royal touch.
And here is why
A TV stand with electric fireplace will keep you organized. You will keep your electronic devices and equipment and books in one central place. Having an electric fireplace TV stand offers you two benefits. The first one is a place to keep your TV. The second is the heater to warm you.
Finally, they are also simple to operate. You won't need a technician for these, but you will need a second help to assemble everything. No, if they are out of your reach. By that I mean, when you have no money.
So my advice is for you to look for the features presented and see if it is something that will excite you. Lucky enough, I have done that part for you by including why I love it section. I believe you will benefit from it when choosing the best unit to buy.
Tips On Buying Electric Fireplace Inserts
They are two things that you need to keep in mind, when deciding which fireplace inserts to go with. It is safety and comfort. Besides that, here is what you need to know before jumping to buy one. Inside, you will get the answers to the common question that first time buyers have.
The Opening of the Existing Fireplace
Look at your insert, the mouth. It is long enough to accommodate an electric fireplace inserts. You may need to measure the height, length and width of the areas.
This will help you choose the correct size of the electric fireplace inserts.
Decide on the type of electric fireplace insert
They are three inserts. We have the log set, built-in insert and plug-in insert. Your choices will depend on the wood burning fireplace you had. Do you want something that you can just slide in or do you want to build the whole set up.
I have provided detailed on information about this in the first section of this article. You may want to read to know what insert will suit you the most.
You need to know the space that you have so that you can determine what kind of fire insert to have. You never want to go for a fire insert that is meant to heat a large area in a small house. It can pose health problems. A normal fireplace insert can heat 400 square foot area while others can heat up to 1000 square foot area.
For you to choose the best infrared heater, you need to know the two heating systems. The fan forced system heats up to 400 square foot area. The infrared heating system can heat either a 1000 or 3000 square foot area. Now you are probably asking....what is the best heating system to choose is. The infrared heating system is more effective and efficient. But your choice here will depend on the space that you have.
Depending with the model that you will buy, you will notice that each fireplace insert will come with different functionality and features.
Here are some of the features that some fire inserts come with.
- Remote control: High quality fireplace inserts will come with a remote control that you will use to adjust the flame height, the heat output and automatic shut off. If you want a good fireplace insert, at least invest in one that has a remote control.
- Glass embers: If you are looking for a way to simulate the look and feel of the electric fireplace insert, you may need to choose the unit that has glass embers.
- Flame effect: Some fireplace inserts will come with different flame effects. This includes things static flame or dancing flame. Other fireplace inserts will feature different colors of the flame and height. The different brands include different features to their fireplace inserts; all you need is for you to look at what will suit your needs.
When you are in the market for fireplace inserts, there are two designs that you can choose.
- Traditional design.
- Contemporary design.
The traditional styles feature the traditional design but feature a classic real flame. The firebox has a flame effect with heat or no heat.
Contemporary styles feature modern design that has gone into account to transform the old style traditional fireplace insert.
Most contemporary styles will be designed with an aim of blending with your decor.
You have kids and pets. Fireplace insert should be cool to touch. They should have a thermostat to regulate the temperature of the house. Or to the point of shutting down when the desired heat is reached.
Fire insert comes with different prices. You may get top end high quality brand or low end brand. But depending on the price each will have the most vital thing is for you to look at the features.
The features of the whole unit have to promise a better experience for you when you use it. Don't make your choice based on the price, feel the experience that the fireplace insert will bring.
How To Install The Electric Fireplace Inserts
When you have bought your first electric fireplace insert, the next daunting task is installing it. If you don't follow the right direction, then you it can result in damage.
Here is a simple guide on how to install the whole thing all together.
Follow the manual
The first place to reading the manufacturers manual. You need to have an orientation of how to put the whole thing together. Without reading the manual it can be very difficult to fix the whole thing. Especially when you are considering installing the plug-in insert or built-in insert.
In case you can't handle the whole thing, you may need to call a profession to help you fix and install the whole unit.
Select the space
If you used to have a wood burning fireplace, the first thing may be for you to remove the ashes and soot it is clean. The hearth area needs to have the right measurements. I have seen most first buyers get an insert that is of the wrong size. Even if you have a correct unit, but the wrong fireplace insert size, you can still correct things.
You can either call the manufacturer for immediate replacement. Or you can call an expert to measure the hearth and give you the right correct unit that matches the measurement of the hearth.
Check the electrical requirements
You need to have a dedicated cord and an extension of the whole unit. The extension needs to have some good rating, not something that result damage after some few months.
Your electrical outlet needs to meet the requirement of your insert. Most insert will have an electric requirement of
All this depends on the kind of fire insert that you have bought.
Safety measures after installation
Once you have put the whole unit in the hearth, you may need to make sure that it is secure enough that it can't result in damage. For example, when you are done with fireplace insert, you need to unplug it. You need to always check the condition of your fireplace insert from time to time.
Things To Consider When Choosing Wall Mount Electric Fireplace
Want to own one? Here is a short buying guide that can help you narrow your choices and choose the wall mount electric fireplace for home. Choosing the best electric fireplaces is not an easy task at all. You need to consider the following criteria:
On the market, you will see different sizes. The question is...what size do you need? Sizes for wall-mount electric fireplace range from 26 inches to 50 inches wide while the height goes from 17 inches to 24 inches.
It may look like a minor issue, but the position of the heater is important. Most wall-mount of electric fireplace has the heater either on top or below. If you want your TV to be on top of the unit, the you need to choose the unit that has the heater below. But you will also want to consider that there is nothing below, like the furniture, plants or flammable material.
Meanwhile, to counter this problem, you can buy a deflector to prevent the heat from going upwards or downwards...but sideways.
There are two styles: Flush mounting or recessed. All need brackets and hardware to be installed. When considering installation, you will find that the flush mounted unit is easier to install than recessed one. For the recessed unit, you may need a professional contractor to help you out.
The glass panel must be cool-to-touch so that pets and children can be safe when touching it. It must also have an automatic shut off features to prevent the heater from overheating.
The unit needs to be compatible with your home. You will find that there are some unit that need 240-volts. If your place does not have such a requirement, you many need an electrician to create a dedicated outlet for it. But most fireplace units come with standard 120-volts that uses between 750 to 1500 Watts.
When you are buying a wall mount electric fireplace, you need to know the amount of power that it draws out. Otherwise, you may be having an outlet that eats your energy bills.
Wall Mount Electric Fireplace: Heat With Beauty
Here is what you need to know. If you are going to shell out your cash on the unit, know that you are not just buying something that warms the room. You are buying beauty. Wall mount electric fireplaces have the capabilities of adapting to any season throughout the year. It gives you the option of using the heat when you need it. Besides that, your evenings are going to be stunning and romantic.
Having one of this units will create a good homey appeal for your guests and family. It will become the center of attention when you are gathering with your guests. With a fireplace like this, you are able to do virtual anything during the evening like meditating, reading or watching. In short, a wall-mount electric fireplace will make your evening fun.
How A Wall-Mounted Electric Fireplace Works
Seriously, how does an electric fireplace work? They are four things:
- A blower or fan
- Light bulbs
- The heating element or metal coil
- Refracted light
When you switch it on, the metal coils starts to get hot. And the fan rotates pushing the heat outwards. That is why you are able to feel the warmth in you room. If you increase the temperature, you are literally raising the heating ability of the coil.
Now, if you touch the heating element or coil, you will get burned. You may hear that other electric fireplace produces whirring noises, well that is caused by the fan. The other question...How does the light come about?
You are able to see the flames because they are refracted in 3-dimensional patterns that give you the illusion of realistic dancing flames. That is how this entire thing work.
You need to place the unit in the right location. It should be place that has low traffic to prevent everybody else from tipping over it. Never put it near flammable material like curtains.
Because it produces heat, never use to dry your clothes or put anything inflammable on it. It might burn the place.
Children and pets
Never leave your children with the fireplace. Chances are they might put their little finger in the blower and get burn.
Look for the safety features
Make sure that the fire place has an automatic shut off features that prevents the heater from overheating.
You may need to have one for the house, in case things go out of control. To know more about the safety tips, you can check this article.
Wall Mount Electric Fireplace Vs. Ethanol Fireplace
Besides that, it is expensive. For example, a regular propane tanks last for two hours. This is expensive, because you may need to have two tanks.
Before you light the ethanol fireplace, you may need to check if there is a leakage that can cause fire.
With an electric fireplace, you will not only save on energy, but you will be safe using it. And you can use it whenever you want it because electricity is available.
Now is the chance for you to choose the best wall mount electric fireplace for your home. Look at the features again and see if they appeal to you. Hope this review has been of helpful in guiding you to a buy a better unit. If you have a question...you can leave it on the comment below.
How To Choose The Best Electric Fireplace
Electric fireplace comes in different shapes and styles. When you are in the market for an electric fireplace, it can be overwhelming. Because all the information is confusing to some point. It is possible to get confused into what you really want. Now in this short guide I want to show you how you can narrow down on the best electric fireplaces possible that suits your needs.
Stylish and Design appearance
Fireplace come in different styles and designs. We have some that features a contemporary modern look while others embrace the traditional style settings.
It all depends on what you want to complement your decor. If you want to enhance the beauty of your living space, then there are lots of options to choose from.
Stylish and Design appearance
The size of your room will depend on the kind of fireplace to choose, because different fireplace have different output. For example, a typical fireplace that has 50,000BTU can heat a 400 square foot area. Before you make a decision to purchase one, you may need to determine the amount of thermal unit you will need.
Many different electric fireplaces will have different features. Most will have features like a remote control, thermal unit, and speed flame control. The list is long. If you want to choose the best electric fireplace, all you will need is getting to know the different functionality the whole unit comes.
It may surprise you that some of the fireplace may look good when you read the reviews, only to find out that some don't have a remote control.
Types of Electric Fireplace
They are different types, what matters are the needs that you, have. To get the ball rolling here are the different types of electric fireplaces
The wall Hanging electric fireplace
This kind of fireplace doesn't need much installation. All you need is to get the unit and plug into an electrical outlet. However, the hardest part is screwing the whole unit on the wall. You will have to drill holes to put it installed on the wall. It is usually light and easy to carry, but just to avoid breaking things. You may need a helping hand when putting on the wall.
Electric fireplace inserts
Do you have a hearth or an existing fireplace in your house? If so, then all you need is an insert. The perfect kind of insert that you can go include: electric log inserts and electric fireboxes.
Before jumping on to getting one of these, it is vital for you to check the different functionality that each has.
I see some fireplace insert that doesn't have a simple thing like remote control get sold most of the time. Some don't even have a thermostat for that matter, and they will require you to put off the heater by yourself.
Electric mantel fireplace
A mantel is a small space designed to enclose a fireplace insert. It gives you the freedom of supplementing heat to your house without the need of messing with your wall or work your way in to install an insert.
The mantel resembles a traditional fireplace and once installed, they are a nice decor to your room.
However, because of change of technology, some do come with an integrated air purifier to improve the quality of air in your home.
Electric fireplace stoves
Stoves have been there for long. Compare to the wood burning stoves the problem with having an electric stove is that it requires proper ventilation. It also needs lots of maintenance. If you want to have a stove, make sure that you have plenty of time to look after it. Children or pets may trip on it resulting in fire. If you are looking for a way to cut off on energy expenditure, then a stove may be the best choice for you.
The best part about this electric stove is that you won't have to worry about installation. Most stoves in the market are designed to heat a room that is between a 400 to 600 square foot areas.
Freestanding and fixed fireplace
If you live in an apartment or rent and you want to save on the cost of installation. You may consider installing a freestanding electric fireplace in your house.
However, space is an issue in your house, then a fixed fireplace will work fine for your house.
Most of the electric fireplace that I have discussed above, they fall into either of these categories.
How to Choose the Right Size Of Electric Fireplace
When you have the right size of electric fireplace, you make a statement about your home. Most first time buyers make the mistake of ignoring the size of the electric fireplace.
If you have a hearth, it is common for a buyer to be excited about the fireplace, but miss to take into consideration the size of the whole thing. Fortunately, I won't let you make that mistake. Not my watch, that is why I want to show you the things that you should pay attention the most when choosing the right size electric fireplace.
Select the Room
You need to select the place or room that you will place the fireplace. Most people place their fireplace in the living room to make it a focal point or center of attention. When you have decided on the location, you need to make sure that it has enough space. That is why you need to...
Take its Measurement of the Room
You need to take off the perimeter of the area. Would you want the fireplace to sit on the floor? Or you plan to screw the walls so that you can mount the electric fireplace. Once you have the perimeter, the next thing is to multiply it by the length and width to find out the total square feet of your room. If you have got the square feet of the room, then you will need to compare to the product descriptions.
Let me surprise you, not all rooms will be perfect for an electric fireplace. That depends on the depth of the walls. Some walls have shallow depths and they may not be suited for an electric fireplace, especially the wall mount electric fireplace.
If your home has thick walls, then it has more depth to accommodate electric fireplace inserts or wall mount electric fireplace. Shallow electric fireplace designs are best suited if you have thin walls with lots of sufficient walls. To determine the depth of the walls you may need a contractor to measure, if you plan to have an electric fireplace inserts.
You have heard most of the time, what is the rebate size? I believe at one time a manufacturer or contractor has asked you that question. A rebate is the space between the inside of the fireplace and the wall. All fireplaces will have rebates that measure 25mm, 35mm, 50mm or 75mm.
How to Operate an Electric Fireplace
It is stressful having a wood burning fireplace, but if you can handle the maintenance cost and requirement good for you. But most of us folk, want something that is a no-brainer to operate like an electric fireplace. It is so easy to install and operate. They are easy to clean and produce zero ashes and soot.
How an Electric Fireplace Gives off the Heat
For an electric fireplace to supply you the heat that you want, you need to plug into the electric socket. After that, the metal coils heat up automatically, thereby forcing the fan to push the heat outward into your room.
If you have bought an electric fireplace for some time you will notice that some fans produce lots of noises. Others remain silent. The most important thing about an electric fireplace is that the heat produced is never wasted.
Meaning of Zone and Central Heating
You have heard of those two terms. At one point I believe you have met products that have either zone or central heating. Zone heating means that the electric fireplace will produce heat when you want and need it. And the heat produced will heat a single room. Central heating means that the electric fireplace will heat the whole room.
How Flickering Flame Works
The regular light bulbs and refracted light are responsible for producing the flickering flames. The light is refracted in no particular order and in 3-dimensional pattern, thereby giving out a beautiful realistic flame.
Heaters Vs. Electric Fireplace - Which One Is Good
Do you know the best heating options for your house? Most first time buyers struggle with this issue. But it is not that difficult to make a decision. All you need is unbiased information so that you can decide what you really want.
Fortunately, I want to give you the most unbiased facts about these two types of heaters. And in the end, you will narrow down your choice.
Health Is Important
An electric fireplace has heaters that use fans to distribute heat in the house. Unfortunately, this reduces the amount of moisture in the air, leaving the air dry which can make you have sinuses or have a dry skin. On the other hand, infrared heaters have no side effect on health.
They use infrared heaters to distribute warmth into the air using infrared rays, which heats and locks in the warmth. Infrared heater works like the sun. By that I mean, it releases the same warmth as the sun. But, you won't feel heat like you are in the summer. In fact, they have been known to improve your blood circulation. That makes the infrared heaters to be the most comfortable heater.
An electric fireplace has fans that distribute heat in the house. Unfortunately, this fan produces lots of noise. On the other hand, infrared heaters or wall heaters may have fans or may not. That means you won't experience any noise.
Cheap on Energy
An electric fireplace saves lots of energy, when you are using flame alone. They also utilize the zoning aspect, such that, the fire will only heat a single area. An infrared heater saves around 50% of the energy that you would use in your electric fireplace. Additionally, they also don't allow heat to escape through ventilation ducts and open doors. That means you save a lot of energy
Draw: They both save energy.
An electric fireplace uses their power sources...the electricity. Well, this is a clean source of heat; the problem is that this kind of heat is not enough.
For example, most of its heat can only warm a 300 square feet area. While infrared heater, can heat the up to 1000 square feet area for the same amount of energy. And best of all is that this heat produces the natural heat of the sun.
If you have looked all the facts that I have provided, you probably know where I stand.....But the question still remains...
Between an electric fireplace and infrared heaters which one is cheaper to buy?
Well, infrared heaters are a bit expensive but that doesn't mean that they are out of reach for most people. With just a couple of dollars, you can get a good infrared heater on Amazon. On the other hand, everybody can afford an electric fireplace. It is not that expensive.
Winner: An electric fireplace.
You know where I stand on this matter. You have all the facts. It is now your choice to determine what type of heating option you want to power your house.
Safety Concern of an Electric Fireplace
You know the market size of electric fireplace is rising day by day. Is an electric fireplace that safe? They are, if you know how to use the appliances. If you follow the do's and don'ts, you will have a breeze using the electric fireplaces. The best way to understand electric fireplace is knowing its dangers early in advance, before an accident happens. You never want to have accidents because of ignorance.
Here are the safety concerns and tips that you need to know about electric fireplaces.
- An electric fireplace is designed to run on a standard 120v household outlet. Well, the truth is that this appliance tends to draw lots of power. Because of that, you must not use its circuit together with other appliances. You could blow its fuse or fuse of other appliances.
- If you are going to use a large electric fireplace, you will need a special wiring or a dedicated circuit. And you will also need a surge protector.
- You must mount your electric fireplace safely so that it does not tip over and fall down. For instance, it is advisable that you mount your TV set over the discharge unit. If the heat of the bower blows at the bottom, you may not want to have inflammable substances at the bottom. For that reason, you need to put the whole unit away from the carpet, draperies and other flammable substances.
- The electric cable or cord must not be hidden under the carpet nor should it be covered with any material. You must pass the cord through an area where they are less traffic in your house.
- An electric fireplace is designed to be used for indoor purposes, never use it outside your house or expose it to any weather conditions.
- Make sure that the cord that you have is not damaged. If that happens, then you need to get a new one.
- Never touch the heating element when the electric fireplace is on, you might burn your hands. Keep your children from touching the hot surfaces.
- If you are not using the electric fireplace, make sure that you unplug it from the socket.
- Never use the electric heater in your bathroom or use it to dry your clothes, because you will expose the whole unit to water. Water and electricity don't mix; it can result in accidents.
- Additionally, if you are considering installing an electric fireplace, never put it near the bathroom or water, because it can fall and cause an accident.
- Finally, you need to have a fire extinguisher.
Advantages of An Electric Fireplace
Imagine sitting around your cozy little living room with beautiful couches and an electric fireplace ensuring that you are warm throughout the year.
Here are the benefits or advantages of having an electric fireplace.
- Longevity: Electric fireplace last longer than heaters and other fireplaces. They don't succumb to problems like corrosion and rust. If the cords or extension happens to be damaged, you can just buy a new one with a couple of a few dollars.
- Low maintenance: They are easy to maintain. You don't have to mess with smokes and soot. You don't even have to call a profession to come inspect it every month like when you have a gas fireplace. The only maintenance that you need is replacing the bulbs after two years and dusting the glass when it has some dust.
- Energy saving: You save a lot on energy when you have an electric fireplace. For example, if you are using a gas fire pit, you will need to have like 3 propane tanks, because gas finishes fast. With an electric fireplace you will only heat the area that you want and heat won't escape to other places. Thanks to the zonal heating that comes with each electric fireplace.
- Safe in your house: It is safe for your condo and apartments. With other fireplace, you will need to have a patio or backyard so that you can use them. For instance, you will need a good large backyard for you to have a wood burning fireplace. In other states, the law restricts people of having a wood burning fireplace because of the danger involved with it.
- No fumes: If fumes and smelling smoke scare you or puts you down, then brace yourself, because an electric fireplace has zero fumes. Zero smokes. All you get are realistic flames.
- Useful all year around: You can use the electric fireplace, all year round without. The heat and flame are independent. They work separately. In the summer, when there is no cold; you can decide to use the flame without heat. And in the winter, you can use both. An electric fireplace will make it possible for you to set the mood of your house no matter the season. And the good news is that your energy bills will never go up.
- Easy installation: They are easy to install. All you need is to unpack the whole unit and plug it to an electric outlet. That is if you have bought an insert. Other types of electric fireplace will need to be mounted on the wall. But they will need little installation.
Electric Fireplace Insert - Types Explained
You are asking yourself, what type of fireplace insert is perfect for your needs. Here are the descriptions of the 3 types of electric fireplace insert.
Log set insert
Do you have an old fireplace at home, either gas or wood burning fireplace? The log set insert is a perfect option if you convert a standard gas or wood burning fireplace into an electric fireplace without much installation. It takes time less time to install the whole unit. All you need is to slide the whole unit into an existing fireplace.
Do you have a cabinet or mantle at home, then all you need is a plug-in insert. They are easy to install. They come in various sizes such as square, rectangular or fully incased boxes.
They are complicated and time consuming when it comes to installation. Because you will be building it in your house. So you may need a professional contractor and electrician who can work together to put the whole thing up. Most of the built-in inserts are perfect for those people who want to have a permanent fireplace in your house.
They also have different heating capacity, but before deciding on which capacity to go for. You will need to know the amount of space that you have. Some built-in inserts can warm up to 400 square feet with a thermal unit of 4,600 BTU.
Features of Electric Fireplace Insert
An electric fireplace insert will feature several things. Most of these features are designed to make your life comfortable for you. When buying an electric fireplace, it’s vital to check if the fireplace has at least most of this features. Not only will have, but a selected number of quality fireplace insert will have.
- A multi-functioning remote control: This is a common feature with all electric fireplace insert. A handy remote control will give you power to control the fireplace setting at the comfort of your couch.
- Cool to touch: If you have kids or pets at home, their safety is so important. So make sure that its glass is cool to touch.
- Thermostat: You never want the temperature of your house to go beyond. That is why a thermostat regulates the heat and shuts off when the desired temperature is arrived.
- Fan-forced and infrared heater: The best option heater to option to go with is the infrared heater. Fan-forced heater? comes with health challenges. That is why it is advisable not to use its heater most of the time. You want to use the heater only when you need it.
- 100% energy efficient: Few fireplaces are energy efficient; majority will be either 80 or 70% energy efficient. This feature is important to making sure that the electric fireplace only heats up the room that you want.
- Pantent LED technology: A fireplace with this feature will produces good realistic flames.
- Material: The material that is used to make the electric fireplace insert needs to be of high quality. Some fireplace will come with antique bronze finish. Others will come with stainless steel. It all depends on the material that you are looking for.
- CSA certification: A product having this certification shows that it has passed several tests and met various safety standards.
- Heating capacity and electrical requirement: Electric fireplace insert has various heating capacities. Some produce 50,000 BTU, others 30,000 BTU. It all depends on the size of your room and how much BTU of heat that you need.
Second, the electrical requirement of the fireplace is vital. Some will require 120 volts to start doing the work. Others will need 750 watts. The more the watts, the more electricity the whole unit will use.
- Sound effects: They are two kinds of sound effects. We have the crackling and ripping sounds. Some fireplace will come with both of these features, other not.
- Flame effects: Electric fireplace come with different flame effects. Some will give you 5 flame effects; others will come with 30 flame effects. They will all feature different colors of your preference.
Frequently Asked Questions on Electric Fireplace Insert
What does energy efficiency mean?
All the energy supplied by the electricity is converted to heat and use up to heat that particular room. There is no heat loss like what wood burning fireplace where the heat escapes through chimneys and vents.
Do I need to replace the LED light Bulbs?
Yes. You will need to replace them after two years. But it all depends on the fireplace insert that you have.
Which brand should I buy from?
This is subjective. I can't tell you which brands has the best electric fireplace, but, what i can tell you is that, you need to read all the features to see if they will appeal to you.
Are electric fireplace inserts expensive to run?
This depends on many things. If you use it without heat, it would not use lots of energy. I won't lie to tell you that it is not expensive. But you have the power to control it so that you can save your energy bills. It's just like any other electrical appliances.
What is BTU?
It is the amount of heat that the electric fireplace insert produces, the more BTU the more the heat.
What is the standard space requirement for the insert?
If you have a hearth at home, you may need to take the measurement of the mouth and then buy the electrical fireplace insert that you need.
Can I move them to any place?
Yes, most of them are portable unit. That means, you can put them in your bedroom, living space or kitchen. As long as there is an electrical plug.
Will the glass get hot?
No, all the glass is cool to touch.
There are two things that you need to do now, if you want to choose the right electric fireplace insert for your home.
Frequently Asked Questions's of Electric Fireplace
Question: Is an electric fireplace environment friendly?
Answer: Yes. It is green energy. It is environmental friendly. It gives you the option to use with or without heat.
Question: Does the glass front get hot?
Answer: No. The glass front is cool to touch, but you need to keep the electric fireplace away from curtains because you can never know what will cause the actual fire.
Question: What is the heat output?
Answer: This is the amount of heat that you get. A typical electric fireplace produces 5,000 BTUs or 10,000 BTUs, but this amount depends on the size of your room.
Question: Will I need to maintain the electric fireplace?
Answer: Yes. The only maintenance that you will do is replacing the bulbs after 2 or 3 years. And may be some simple task like cleaning or dusting.
Question: Will I have easy time installing this electrical fireplace?
Answer: Yes, and no. It depends on the type of choice of electric fireplace that you want. If you go for a wall mount electric fireplace, you will need to drill holes in your wall. While others electric fireplace will need no to little installation.
Question: Does it need a special wiring or the service of an electrician to install it?
Answer: All you need to do plug into a standard electrical outlets and you are good to go. In most situations, you won't need an electrician, unless you want to create an outlet to an area that has none.
Question: How can I turn it off or on?
Answer: Two ways. If the electric fireplace comes with a remote that is all you've got. Second, you can turn it off or on manually. This will depend with the kind of electric fireplace that you will choose.
Question: What size of the room do I need?
Answer: An average electric fireplace will heat a 400 square foot area with a heat amount of 5000 BTU. If you have a large a room they you will need a big electric fireplace with more heat output.
Question: What is zone heating?
Answer: Zone heating means that the heat is supplied in one area or room without escaping to other places, unlike a wood burning fireplace where some will escape through the chimney.
Question: Which brand is the best?
Answer: This is a subjective matter. You may find that Dura flame produces the best fireplace, insert while modern flame produces the wall mount electric fireplace. My advice is very simple, read the features and check what is missing in each brand.
Question: Will I need fuel to run an electric fireplace?
Answer: No. An electric fireplace will use electricity from your standard electrical outlet. It doesn't need wood, gas or pellets to run.
It has been a long guide of bolts and nuts about choosing the best electric fireplace. Now you have more information into exactly what you need in order to have an electric fireplace that meets your need.
It is my belief that I have answered every conceivable question about electric fireplace reviews in the post. If you have any concern or need any issue to be addressed, you can leave us a comment and we will answer it immediately. We won't keep you waiting.